2016/17 Home Kit Blue Shorts are back

i think we are getting lost in the definition of terms.

When you say 'Kit colours' ... for example, Sky Blue, White and Navy ... this says anything goes using those colours including blue shorts, navy shorts, white socks and navy socks.

When you say 'Kit' ... each individual one each year is a kit. As they are different. You can have the same coloured kit but one by Umbro and one by Nike and they are classed as different 'kits'.

I think we need, for clarity, specific details of what we want in the way of 'Core Colour Scheme'. As uch detail as possible otherwise its left open to interpretation.

Well it's about the colour scheme i.e. the colour of the shirt, shorts and socks, and various trim. Like voting on having a ship or rose in the badge, you would vote on sky blue socks vs navy vs white, same for the shorts, whether you'd prefer white/navy/sky blue trim, they'd all be different questions.

Well it's about the colour scheme i.e. the colour of the shirt, shorts and socks, and various trim. Like voting on having a ship or rose in the badge, you would vote on sky blue socks vs navy vs white, same for the shorts, whether you'd prefer white/navy/sky blue trim, they'd all be different questions.

I would think if there was a vote (and I'm not convinced there will be) it would just be on the core colours. Trim would change from season to season to make the kits more individual.

I would think if there was a vote (and I'm not convinced there will be) it would just be on the core colours. Trim would change from season to season to make the kits more individual.

Well perhaps, but I think clarifying whether the fans want white trim as a permanent fixture, with the addition from time to time of navy, rather than the medium blue with navy trim we got last season is quite important.

Well perhaps, but I think clarifying whether the fans want white trim as a permanent fixture, with the addition from time to time of navy, rather than the medium blue with navy trim we got last season is quite important.

The problem is that it wouldn't give manufacturers enough scope to change things around a bit, and if they didn't change, it's unlikely that we'd keep buying new kits every year. Personally i'd love sky blue top with white trim, plain white shorts and blue socks with white trim and stick to that every year but I not convinced the manufacturers or the club really want that.

I agree mate, it's always better to have the visual aid to help you make a more informed decision.

The only danger with a consultation is that the vote on sock colour will be fairly evenly split between sky blue and navy blue. We could end up with the club trying to please everyone again and giving us sky and navy hooped socks!

The irony being if sky and navy hoops were an option to vote for directly, they'd get very few votes.

No point going to far... Basically should be one of these three...

s3j5o5.jpg

Pick one and stick with it!

No point going to far... Basically should be one of these three...

s3j5o5.jpg

Pick one and stick with it!

Looking at each of those individually I'd say:

a) Could be City, could be Napoli, could be Celta Vigo, could be Coventry.
b) Could be City, could be Napoli, could be Celta Vigo, could be Coventry, could be Lazio.
c) Mancheter City. Never seen another club play in those colours.

For me, my first vote would be for c, my second vote would be a, and b I would accept if it meant no blue shorts, but white socks aren't Manchester City to me.

Not sure about that. I think sky blue would win by some margin as they have been used a lot more in recent years whereas navy socks were predominantly used quite a long time ago.

I think most people (city and fans plus others) identify us as sky blue shirt, white shorts and sky blue socks.

Sky blue socks are very popular mate, possibly even the most popular.

But I think you are underestimating how popular the navy blue socks are, particularly with the people who will have the casting vote - Cityzens.

The vast majority of Cityzens are season ticket holders. We've got a notoriously old demographic of season ticket holders, 30-45 being by far the most in number I believe. Navy blue socks are extremely popular with this demographic because they grew up watching City in the 80s and fondly remember the FA Youth Cup winning team of Lake, Hinchcliff, White etc, the 5-1 against The Shite, and the last days of the Kippax being all standing.

Also sky blue shirts, white shorts and navy blue socks are our original colours. They are the colours we have worn by far the most in our history. And that combination is also completely unique to Manchester City, so I think a lot of the history and design buffs will be inclined to vote for navy blue socks as well.

Looking at each of those individually I'd say:

a) Could be City, could be Napoli, could be Celta Vigo, could be Coventry.
b) Could be City, could be Napoli, could be Celta Vigo, could be Coventry, could be Lazio.
c) Mancheter City. Never seen another club play in those colours.

For me, my first vote would be for c, my second vote would be a, and b I would accept if it meant no blue shorts, but white socks aren't Manchester City to me.

What other clubs wear doesn't affect another clubs identity. No club is unique now when it comes to kits colour schemes. I'm sure Liverpool or its fans don't worry that people thinks its Aberdeen or Swindon Town or FC Bayern when they all play in red kits.

Just have to accept that we arent unique with kit colour schemes.

Sky blue socks are very popular mate, possibly even the most popular.

But I think you are underestimating how popular the navy blue socks are, particularly with the people who will have the casting vote - Cityzens.

The vast majority of Cityzens are season ticket holders. We've got a notoriously old demographic of season ticket holders, 30-45 being by far the most in number I believe. Navy blue socks are extremely popular with this demographic because they grew up watching City in the 80s and fondly remember the FA Youth Cup winning team of Lake, Hinchcliff, White etc, the 5-1 against The Shite, and the last days of the Kippax being all standing.

Also sky blue shirts, white shorts and navy blue socks are our original colours. They are the colours we have worn by far the most in our history. And that combination is also completely unique to Manchester City, so I think a lot of the history and design buffs will be inclined to vote for navy blue socks as well.

until you have a 'Cityzens' poll with every core colour combination out there to vote for, no one knows what is the 'popular choice'. All you have is a feeling like the rest of us have.

What other clubs wear doesn't affect another clubs identity. No club is unique now when it comes to kits colour schemes. I'm sure Liverpool or its fans don't worry that people thinks its Aberdeen or Swindon Town or FC Bayern when they all play in red kits.

Just have to accept that we arent unique with kit colour schemes.

I disagree.

The Shite have worn red socks in the past, but they stick to black now and it's unmistakably them, no other top team wears those colours.

We don't have to accept we aren't unique, why would we?

We've got a unique kit colour combination of sky blue shirts, white shorts and navy blue socks.

No other top team wear that combination, it is completely unique to Manchester City.

Far from accepting we don't have a unique colour scheme, we should celebrate the fact that we have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.