2022/23 Seasoncard Automatic Update Google Pay

I got the same email as you (as in previous years).

I've always paid in one go even before I was on FOC rate as I preferred the certainty of having it done. Even when I pay I make sure I've got my confirmation email and I also check that my renewed SC is showing in my account.

I think the club should add a rider to the mail as 'you don't need to do anything' is misleading. You should check that your payment details are correct and also that it actually has been renewed whilst renewals are still open. If for some reason it hasn't happened then only realising when it's been sold to someone else is far too late.
I agree with the belts and braces approach when it comes to City but they do clearly state in that email that if nothing has changed then nothing needs doing and I don’t think that should include the payment details, that bit comes in later doesn’t it? I’m assuming that the poor supporter whose seat didn’t renew never got confirmation which came out on the 24th May and therefore there’s been some issue to cause that which needs an explanation. In my view, a failed payment should initiate contact from the club to the supporter by email/telephone/post and only if all those fail should they then lose their seat.

I agree with the belts and braces approach when it comes to City but they do clearly state in that email that if nothing has changed then nothing needs doing and I don’t think that should include the payment details, that bit comes in later doesn’t it? I’m assuming that the poor supporter whose seat didn’t renew never got confirmation which came out on the 24th May and therefore there’s been some issue to cause that which needs an explanation. In my view, a failed payment should initiate contact from the club to the supporter by email/telephone/post and only if all those fail should they then lose their seat.
My response was a generic one to your previous post. The supporter whose seat wasn't renewed paid upfront last season and so wasn't on the DD scheme. There was no failed payment as it was up to he/she to renew.

My response was a generic one to your previous post. The supporter whose seat wasn't renewed paid upfront last season and so wasn't on the DD scheme. There was no failed payment as it was up to he/she to renew.
That was my question, do non DD users have to renew and pay during that initial renewal period? I didn’t think you had to. I thought that like those on DD, that the seat is renewed THEN payment is taken using the card details on the account at a later stage. Otherwise why say it will renew automatically when that isn’t the case?

That was my question, do non DD users have to renew and pay during that initial renewal period? I didn’t think you had to. I thought that like those on DD, that the seat is renewed THEN payment is taken using the card details on the account at a later stage. Otherwise why say it will renew automatically when that isn’t the case?
No, you have to renew and make payment. If you don't do so during the renewal window your seat then becomes available.

No, you have to renew and make payment. If you don't do so during the renewal window your seat then becomes available.
Thanks. Surely it can’t be the same email then? Mine said …

You are set to be automatically renewed on or just after Monday 23rd May at which point you will receive a confirmation email from the Club. This means you do not need to do anything to renew your Season Ticket.

Maybe the supporter got the wrong email.

You are set to be automatically renewed on or just after Monday 23rd May at which point you will receive a confirmation email from the Club. This means you do not need to do anything to renew your Season Ticket.

It was the same email for everyone, very badly worded I read it thought OK don't need to do anything only when I re read it I realised that it was only those on DD who didn't need to renew .

I didn't get that one as it is specifically for DD renewals. I was referring to the one you get at the start of the window saying you can renew if you want to pay upfront but that if you have set up DD then you don't need to do anything.

There should be a rider asking those supporters to check that their details are up to date.

does anyones card show in there google wallet,then after a few days dissapears ?
its happened to mine several times now.
supporters services just keep.giving me a new link.to download it,which works ,all for it to vanish a few days later.

does anyones card show in there google wallet,then after a few days dissapears ?
supporters services just keep.giving me a new link.to download it,which works ,all for it to vanish a few days later.

Mine is still in my Google Wallet but the next match, seat number & entrance details have dropped off.
2.5 weeks until the first home game so I'm not overly concerned.

I think google wallet done an update recently which has caused a few issues. My old shortcut was removed from my phone after the update, and now cannot create a new one for love nor money. Have to go through Chrome now to open the app.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.