2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
A perfect example of needing to put points on the board when you’re on top. Wigan could have been trying on their Grand Final suits at half time if they’d turned all that possession into the points they probably should have. Fair play to Leeds for the way they defended though. I think the first 10 minutes of the second half were going to be crucial. If Wigan had carried on from where they’d left off, I think Leeds would have tired very quickly. But getting those early tries gave them fresh energy and the game was over when Bateman went turbo. Impressive enough first season for Peet though after the shambles of Lam. A lot to build on over the next couple of years. Well done to Leeds. I’ll be cheering them on in the final if Saints win tomorrow.
I thought Wigan’s creativity was bobbins last night and that’s been their strength this season. Something just wasn’t clicking on the final play of each set. Leeds’ defence shut everything down really well.

Peet’s done a good job though. Wigan had gone stale before he came in. Be interesting to see what their attack is like next season without Briers. I’m hoping that Briers learns loads over at Brisbane and then comes back to Wire as coach after Powell.

I thought Wigan’s creativity was bobbins last night and that’s been their strength this season. Something just wasn’t clicking on the final play of each set. Leeds’ defence shut everything down really well.

Peet’s done a good job though. Wigan had gone stale before he came in. Be interesting to see what their attack is like next season without Briers. I’m hoping that Briers learns loads over at Brisbane and then comes back to Wire as coach after Powell.

I don’t imagine it would have made much difference but it was a bit odd having French stood on one leg on the touchline for over half the game. I can only actually remember him touching the ball once in the whole time he was on.

Decent effort by Salford. Would’ve been awesome to get to a GF though. Still, it probably goes down as yet another ‘nearly men’ season which although true just seems a tad harsh.

Attendances for the NRL play-offs have been great so far.

This weekend, Parramatta v Canberra had 29,134 in attendance , and Cronulla v Souths (which was actually a home game for Cronulla played at Souths’ home stadium, a bit harsh on Cronulla, although they had about 15,000 fans in there which is more than their home stadium holds) had 39,733.

Rochdale's win at Colwyn Bay means they have two more game to get promoted, and either play Swinton/Doncaster in both games who play today, loser first and winner in the final. So far 5th(R) beat 6th (O), 4th (D) beat 3rd (NW) and then 5th beat 3rd. Swinton (2) slight faves for promotion but any of the remaning 3 stilll have realistic hopes.

Watched Halifax vs York earlier. Cracking match, really enjoyed it.
Think I've watched more championship matches this season than super league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.