2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I think the weekend’s results have given the game a bit of a lift. I can see Salford and Leeds taking enormous following to next weekend’s semi finals.

Hope the disciplinary committee don’t find excuses to weaken these sides before what should be belting semi finals.

It’s been a good season. Clearly St. Helen’s have been the best side but they’ve shown enough vulnerability at times to make it not feel like a formality they go on to win it, as it has a few times recently.

Obviously a Saints, Wigan final is the most likely outcome but it wouldn’t be the biggest surprise of all time if either Leeds or Salford upset the book. Pity the Saints game clashes with City. Assuming it goes ahead.

Think someone needs to remind Latrell Mitchell what code he's playing :)

I watched that game yesterday morning and it was one of the most bizarre games of rugby I’ve seen. I don’t think anyone really knew what sport they were playing. It was like they’d all been overcharged pre-game and were hyperactive and everyone was doing rash things.

7 sin bins (which is a record in the modern era), and really there should have been one or two red cards. 5 players failed HIAs and couldn’t carry on. Both teams were just going round smashing each other in the head and slamming heads into the ground. Sydney lost their entire interchange (as Topou also did his groin in). It was a bit of a disgrace really but the whole game was weird.

5 of the 8 tries scored were when the team scoring had fewer numbers on the pitch because of the players being binned. Souths were two men down at one point and scored 2 tries in that period to go ahead.

Souths play Cronulla next week and they’ll be lucky to name a full squad as there’ll definitely be players suspended.

Parramatta hammered Canberra this morning and go to the semis next week.

Wigan v Leeds is on now (Sky Sports Arena), good even start, both teams getting right into it early.

Souths v Cronulla tomorrow morning at 11:00

Then St Helens v Salford tomorrow at 13:00

We’re on our way. To Old Trafford. We’re on our way.

Hope Salford make the final. No qualms if Salford are champs.

A perfect example of needing to put points on the board when you’re on top. Wigan could have been trying on their Grand Final suits at half time if they’d turned all that possession into the points they probably should have. Fair play to Leeds for the way they defended though. I think the first 10 minutes of the second half were going to be crucial. If Wigan had carried on from where they’d left off, I think Leeds would have tired very quickly. But getting those early tries gave them fresh energy and the game was over when Bateman went turbo. Impressive enough first season for Peet though after the shambles of Lam. A lot to build on over the next couple of years. Well done to Leeds. I’ll be cheering them on in the final if Saints win tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.