2022 Rugby League World Cup Final(s)

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Is there any end to Steve McNamara’s whingeing

Travel costs for the Rhinos to go to Catalans were around £100k. I’m not sure how the ref is supposed to afford to turn down a lift

Sydney v Souths is ridiculous. I know this is the biggest rivalry in Aus but 6 players have been Sin Binned, no idea how nobody has been sent off.

Another’s been Binned… 7 in one game, haha never seen owt like it!

I think they are looking at growing the game rather than eliminating Clubs.

The article was before last night’s game. I’m glad if IMG make the SL rethink expansion in France for the sake of it. Catalans have established themselves on merit but Toulouse need to earn a place back in Super League.

The obsession with spreading the game has been boring me for 40 years to be honest. What’s wrong with admitting it’s a great game but no fucker outside of Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cumbria, a tiny bit of France and two states in Australia is the slightest bit interested in it?

The obsession with spreading the game has been boring me for 40 years to be honest. What’s wrong with admitting it’s a great game but no fucker outside of Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cumbria, a tiny bit of France and two states in Australia is the slightest bit interested in it?
I liked it when the London Broncos played and Toronto gave the game a lift for a year or two but the stronger the M62 base, the greater the potential for increasing wider interest IMHO. Also, Wakey have finally secured funding for improving their ground so it would have been ludicrous to bankrupt an established Club to keep Toulouse in the top flight, even though Toulouse finished bottom.

IMG will be aware that an innovative marketing campaign (that won international marketing awards) helped to transform the NRL a dozen or so years ago. Crowds doubled after an innovative marketing campaign that put fans at the cebtre of the game including interviewing fans for the pre match press conferences.

Time will tell whether IMG’s involvement does any good for our game but they are no mugs and must believe there is potential to reverse Super League’s decline.

I liked it when the London Broncos played and Toronto gave the game a lift for a year or two but the stronger the M62 base, the greater the potential for increasing wider interest IMHO. Also, Wakey have finally secured funding for improving their ground so it would have been ludicrous to bankrupt an established Club to keep Toulouse in the top flight, even though Toulouse finished bottom.

IMG will be aware that an innovative marketing campaign (that won international marketing awards) helped to transform the NRL a dozen or so years ago. Crowds doubled after an innovative marketing campaign that put fans at the cebtre of the game including interviewing fans for the pre match press conferences.

Time will tell whether IMG’s involvement does any good for our game but they are no mugs and must believe there is potential to reverse Super League’s decline.

Yeah there’s absolutely nothing wrong with trying to promote the game. It’s probably essential in fact. And a weekend in London was one of the highlights of the season for me when they were in Super League. But the away fans would normally outnumber the locals. I’ve lost count of the number of unsuccessful attempts they had at trying to get the Welsh interested. The latest attempt has them playing home games in a Warrington park.

I just think there’s nothing wrong in admitting it’s a minority sport. And they should concentrate on promoting it in the areas where there actually is a bit of interest. I mean having a team from Canada in the league? Never seen anything more ridiculous.

Yeah there’s absolutely nothing wrong with trying to promote the game. It’s probably essential in fact. And a weekend in London was one of the highlights of the season for me when they were in Super League. But the away fans would normally outnumber the locals. I’ve lost count of the number of unsuccessful attempts they had at trying to get the Welsh interested. The latest attempt has them playing home games in a Warrington park.

I just think there’s nothing wrong in admitting it’s a minority sport. And they should concentrate on promoting it in the areas where there actually is a bit of interest. I mean having a team from Canada in the league? Never seen anything more ridiculous.
It was a long trip to Celtic Crusaders. I made a weekend of it by travelling on to Friends in Bangor. The strength of the game is definitely In It’s Northern English roots (and the NRL).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.