21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he looks very weak defensively, so I’d expect the coaches to be focusing on that with him. I like him going forwards though, his overlaps are nice. Saw quite a few of them on the YouTube clips when we signed him, so nice to see his first assist for City. He’ll be a bit of an issue if he has to play an extended run in the team due to injuries, he needs time to develop yet. The worst thing that could happen for his City career is him having to be relied on too much too soon. He isn’t ready for that. We need to get defenders fit and let Gomez just dip in and out of the team whilst he adapts and develops.

I'm guessing someone decided to cross the line with me while I was off this stream so I got deleted for some really tame stuff. Oh well.

Yeah, if continues giving the ball away to cheaply, that could happen. Definitely has potential, but also has a potential to be shipped off next season, it's upto him how he swings this!
Some moments of quality yesterday but some of the basic errors made him look like a novice. Currently several levels below Zinchenko, which is disappointing as this is the summer we should have sorted the fullback issue, not worsened it.

No idea how we will develop as a LB; he looks very skinny and lightweight. Not sure atm.

Why some people expecting so much from him?, ofcourse he is not going to be a quality fullback able to replace Cancelo and playing regularly in there.

He is NOT the main target for fullback last transfers windows and only be seen as another CFG player. He is only brought here to fill a body and playing the role of Zinchenko.

Expecting him more than that only leads disappointment.

Very good going forward. Think he’ll thrive when he gets a start with Walker as the RB so that he has more license to get forward. And as we saw after the subs yesterday, could get some minutes in midfield as thin as we are there this season

I think he looks very weak defensively, so I’d expect the coaches to be focusing on that with him. I like him going forwards though, his overlaps are nice. Saw quite a few of them on the YouTube clips when we signed him, so nice to see his first assist for City. He’ll be a bit of an issue if he has to play an extended run in the team due to injuries, he needs time to develop yet. The worst thing that could happen for his City career is him having to be relied on too much too soon. He isn’t ready for that. We need to get defenders fit and let Gomez just dip in and out of the team whilst he adapts and develops.

Catalan LB players = educated in low defense and high attack.

You just have to accept it. That won't change.

I just think he looks weak to be a defender, a good strengthening programme will sort that out. No doubting his technical ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.