21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why he got taken off. He caused a few problems but so does Cancelo..

I thought he had a great game today, and was unlucky to come off as early as he did.

Clearly better going forward than defending, but he looks good playing FB in the inverted role (which Lewis plays on the other side).

Positionally he’s clearly still learning the role, but he harries well, and pesters the opposition in possession - which in the inverted role is probably enough - and offers genuine pace, skill and vision going forward.

A bit shaky defensively but thought he was good going forward, you can tell he's a winger playing at full-back.

Like the lad. Clearly very confident in his technical ability, and was actually quite a menace to their right side. Had a couple nice combinations with Foden.

A bit shaky defensively but thought he was good going forward, you can tell he's a winger playing at full-back.
As I said in the match thread, I think his defensive frailties are mostly down to tactics (specifically how he and those ahead of him on the pitch are instructed to play) so they aren’t really that concerning. Pep will know about how he is exposed and still asks him to play that way, which means he sees Gomez as contributing as a traditional “Pepback” (just coined that; rights reserved).

I think, even if it isn’t with us, he’ll have a good career.

He was always going to be project player, but this was a good showing.

Think he should start again, and have Ake play LCB against Southampton.

I thinj the team looks good when the fullbacks go wide, letting the wingers play inside more.

Excellent today and should give a boost to his and Peps confidence in him
Maybe should be starting at Soton

Had a top game today, I think if he could get a run, more match fitness and confidence he would be looking at becoming our 1st choce real left back

play him wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.