21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can live with a defensive mistake where he doesn't quite read the danger. But consistently giving the ball away isn't something we can live with. He's got too many attacking attributes for me, to be able to perform as a LB in Pep's current system which is a defensive role. He doesn't have the authority to overlap and stretch play, which is the better part of his game. Zinchenko wasn't consistently brilliant, but he managed to nail down the basics. He did become a target defensively, because he wasn't a natural left back. But you could generally count on him to keep the ball under pressure, form the passing triangles which is a huge part of how we create chances. Gomez you can count on passing straight to the opposition! But he wasn't a huge outlay, he's still young, and he's worth giving time to.
Alba did work at Barca...I know la Liga is different than PL & Gomez is still far away from the player Alba was but i think he has the potential to come close (i may be off here)...passing mistakes/defensiv positioning will be reduced with more experience/game time..we agree that he`s worth giving time

his playing style/skill set reminds me of Jordi Alba..i hope Pep gives him more chances...if we wanna play exciting offensiv football than players like him or Cancelo should be preferred as a LB instead of Ake/Laporte...you have to live with defensiv mistakes
The only comparison to Jordi Alba is they have both two feet and are Spanish, if Gomes becomes 50% of the player Alba is I would be shocked.

I don't want to give up on the lad. Maybe a loan would do him good. then we can assess where he stands in the squad next season. Really want him to make it at city.

The only comparison to Jordi Alba is they have both two feet and are Spanish, if Gomes becomes 50% of the player Alba is I would be shocked.
both are fast, excellent ball technique/handling, small body height...Alba started as LW and transition to a LB in Valencia...his breakthrough came with 23/24 years..

both are fast, excellent ball technique/handling, small body height...Alba started as LW and transition to a LB in Valencia...his breakthrough came with 23/24 years..
Can't see it with Gomez, I hope he proves me wrong but he may have talent but I have serious doubts with temperament.

its alarming that three of the last four players weve signed regardless of fees are below city quality
thats poor recruitment in my book.
grealish phillips gomez would never have got into the first team 2-3 seasons ago
have i missed anyone out?

its alarming that three of the last four players weve signed regardless of fees are below city quality
grealish phillips gomez would never have got into the first team 2-3 seasons ago

There is a vacancy in the management team now that needs to be filled , maybe give them a ring ?

May be very harsh but Ake for me, 40m and a big wage for a decent player, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.