21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't have a good game but lets be real. Southampton are bottom of the league, It wasn't an insane decision from Pep to think Gomez would be alright up against them.

We have the rags on Saturday and Ake has been playing non stop so he had to come in, off the back of a decent performance against Chelsea also.

It was just a bad game all round, if even a handful of the other starting 11 had shown up we would have been fine. As it was, all 11 decided to switch off completely.

its alarming that three of the last four players weve signed regardless of fees are below city quality
thats poor recruitment in my book.
grealish phillips gomez would never have got into the first team 2-3 seasons ago
have i missed anyone out?
Akanji too

A 21 year old is being blamed for entire teams problems
This is something
Just some emotional women in here. Hopefully most of you fools aren't still on your rags when we face them tomorrow. Shitty fans the lot of you.

Zinchenko had the same shit said about him and had some truly terrible performances at times. Very similar players, talent levels, and status in their first year at the club. I wouldn't be surprised if half of you stupid twats wondering why we let go of Zinchenko have given the same criticisms in his performance thread. Just raging estrogen, must be.

Just some emotional women in here. Hopefully most of you fools aren't still on your rags when we face them tomorrow. Shitty fans the lot of you.

Zinchenko had the same shit said about him and had some truly terrible performances at times. Very similar players, talent levels, and status in their first year at the club. I wouldn't be surprised if half of you stupid twats wondering why we let go of Zinchenko have given the same criticisms in his performance thread. Just raging estrogen, must be.
I disagree. Gomez reminds me of Angelino more than the mighty Zinch.

I disagree. Gomez reminds me of Angelino more than the mighty Zinch.

For some reason I always felt Zinny had a good defensive game in him despite it not being his strength. He brought so much more than just technical brilliance - his passes usually always took us somewhere because of his bravery and cleverness on the ball.

That’s when you can accept a little bit of defensive liability but like I said, I genuinely think he’d become a decent defender by the time he left.

Personally think letting him get to the point of wanting to leave is one of the biggest fuck ups in recent years. He’s perfect for Pep and especially now with how he wants to play. Should’ve been tied down for longer, not allowed to leave.

Personally think letting him get to the point of wanting to leave is one of the biggest fuck ups in recent years
So why did fans want a new proper LB if he was so so perfect? Why was we on the verge of being sold earlier? Fans here wanted him tk be sold and now he suddenly becomes Perfect player. All I read was we need a LB at LB and ot a Midfielder at LB when he was playing

So why did fans want a new proper LB if he was so so perfect? Why was we on the verge of being sold earlier? Fans here wanted him tk be sold and now he suddenly becomes Perfect player. All I read was we need a LB at LB and ot a Midfielder at LB when he was playing

No idea.

For some reason I always felt Zinny had a good defensive game in him despite it not being his strength. He brought so much more than just technical brilliance - his passes usually always took us somewhere because of his bravery and cleverness on the ball.

That’s when you can accept a little bit of defensive liability but like I said, I genuinely think he’d become a decent defender by the time he left.

Personally think letting him get to the point of wanting to leave is one of the biggest fuck ups in recent years. He’s perfect for Pep and especially now with how he wants to play. Should’ve been tied down for longer, not allowed to leave.
Agree completely. Plus a bloody great personality and winning mentality. He did as much as anyone to turn the game vs AV. Gomez sadly is not on the same planet as a footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.