21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not even his natural position though, he's a left midfielder.
He's still young, in a new country and the league is a huge step up from the Belgium league.
But remember Vinny recommended him so let's give him a bit of time before writing him off.
He played right wing for Spain U21s in their most recent games
Only City would see that and play him at LB!
Probably end up at Girona unless they can get some serious defensive coaching into him over the next few weeks and months

I just think he lacks strength at the moment to compete at the level City are at.
Am sure this will develop over time but he’s not the solution for this season

Third choice at best for now

to be fair if his agent isnt Pere Guardiola, he would not be here.
Didn't realise this was the case, but if true the club need to have long fucking words with themselves. We can't afford to indulge rubbish footballers on lenghty contracts, in a position where we're already threadbare, just because our manager's brother has him on his books. What a fucking joke.

Not sure which game it was maybe some of you will know..maybe the Chelsea 4-0. He was attempting to get the ball out to the left winger...(think it was Foden) from a left midfield position...he lost it but then chased after, won it back and then crafted a nice pass to the left winger while facing our back line... It was good play. If he can take that sort of play into 90 minutes he'll be fine.

Believe he can still play a part. People have written him off very, very quickly. If I remember right, he did fine in his first few games. I remember him being impressive against Sevilla and chipping in with an assist for big Erl against the Rags.

I think that red card was a big knock to his confidence and he hasn't looked great since then, but we also have barely seen him. It's similar to how a lot of people have written off Phillips despite him playing about 20 league minutes.

Not saying he's going to turn into a world beater overnight, but I don't think he's just some useless idiot either, he's a professional player working under the greatest manager around, training and learning more each day, and I think he's at least capable of coming into games against teams lower down the table and getting more experience and understanding of how the team works and what he needs to do to be part of it.

We've had a lot of players look a bit crap early on in their time here and gradually improve. I think one of Zinny's earliest games was a league/FA cup game where he looked absolutely dreadful and couldn't keep hold of the ball, but he got far better after that. No reason Gomez can't do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.