21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe he can still play a part. People have written him off very, very quickly. If I remember right, he did fine in his first few games. I remember him being impressive against Sevilla and chipping in with an assist for big Erl against the Rags.

I think that red card was a big knock to his confidence and he hasn't looked great since then, but we also have barely seen him. It's similar to how a lot of people have written off Phillips despite him playing about 20 league minutes.

Not saying he's going to turn into a world beater overnight, but I don't think he's just some useless idiot either, he's a professional player working under the greatest manager around, training and learning more each day, and I think he's at least capable of coming into games against teams lower down the table and getting more experience and understanding of how the team works and what he needs to do to be part of it.

We've had a lot of players look a bit crap early on in their time here and gradually improve. I think one of Zinny's earliest games was a league/FA cup game where he looked absolutely dreadful and couldn't keep hold of the ball, but he got far better after that. No reason Gomez can't do the same.
He was rated as the best young player in Spain, at youth level, and was recommended to us by Vinnie, who he played for at Anderlecht. I would prefer the judgement of people like that than the ridiculously premature condemnation he has suffered from on here, from some, just like the harsh words for Kalvin Phillips. It upsets me that some supporters seem to have forgotten the meaning of the word.

With an eye to the fixtures, save for the forthcoming game against Aston Villa, when he might just get on as a substitute, then his best hope of meaningful game time will be Bristol City. However, it’s difficult to see him getting the run of games that players need when they’re short of confidence.

He was rated as the best young player in Spain, at youth level, and was recommended to us by Vinnie, who he played for at Anderlecht. I would prefer the judgement of people like that than the ridiculously premature condemnation he has suffered from on here, from some, just like the harsh words for Kalvin Phillips. It upsets me that some supporters seem to have forgotten the meaning of the word.
Both players will be sold/loaned out this summer, use your own eyes to judge, they're both mediocre.

Twitter’s even worse. Writing off a player with less than 6 games worth of minutes. Guarantee a good loan to Portugal like Porro had and his value would triple.

We’ve not had a settled 11 all season, trying a new system, Walker and Cancelo aren’t guaranteed starters, CBs change every week, but let’s shit on a guy with 106 minutes in the league.

Twitter’s even worse. Writing off a player with less than 6 games worth of minutes. Guarantee a good loan to Portugal like Porro had and his value would triple.

We’ve not had a settled 11 all season, trying a new system, Walker and Cancelo aren’t guaranteed starters, CBs change every week, but let’s shit on a guy with 106 minutes in the league.
No smoke without fire though how come he has barely played but Rico is trusted playing a riskier role

No smoke without fire though how come he has barely played but Rico is trusted playing a riskier role
No idea, loads of possible reasons. Loads of players didn’t look great in their first season, Zinny and Cancelo for starters. Not saying Gomez should start, but throwing a strop and saying he’s a terrible transfer and we need to get rid is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.