21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe he can still play a part. People have written him off very, very quickly. If I remember right, he did fine in his first few games. I remember him being impressive against Sevilla and chipping in with an assist for big Erl against the Rags.

I think that red card was a big knock to his confidence and he hasn't looked great since then, but we also have barely seen him. It's similar to how a lot of people have written off Phillips despite him playing about 20 league minutes.

Not saying he's going to turn into a world beater overnight, but I don't think he's just some useless idiot either, he's a professional player working under the greatest manager around, training and learning more each day, and I think he's at least capable of coming into games against teams lower down the table and getting more experience and understanding of how the team works and what he needs to do to be part of it.

We've had a lot of players look a bit crap early on in their time here and gradually improve. I think one of Zinny's earliest games was a league/FA cup game where he looked absolutely dreadful and couldn't keep hold of the ball, but he got far better after that. No reason Gomez can't do the same.
There is player there definitely. He will come good. You see people on this forum say back the players, it's their first season but nothing if that was offered to him unlike Grealish. I few months he has been abused here and is blamed for all problems this season. People say he is not a LB he is winger and he has no place here while shamelessly saying we shouldn't have sold Zinchenko.
Yeah same Zinchenko who was terrible in earlier seasons, had failed loan spell in Netherlands, was never a LB, was close to being sold to Wolves and fans wanted him to be tried at DM bcoz he couldn't hack it at times.
I read somewhere he is actually a City fan and here we have our own fans abusing him after half season

Twitter’s even worse. Writing off a player with less than 6 games worth of minutes. Guarantee a good loan to Portugal like Porro had and his value would triple.

We’ve not had a settled 11 all season, trying a new system, Walker and Cancelo aren’t guaranteed starters, CBs change every week, but let’s shit on a guy with 106 minutes in the league.
Get the feeling Sam Lee has been given a steer with some of his news today, so I’d take it that it’s more than likely correct. Gomez doesn’t even make the bench most weeks, a sad indictment.

Think this is what Pep alluded to when he talked about the top brass getting their shit together, what a joke of a transfer.
Pep is top brass. He basically runs the club. Txiki is friend. You can't blame Txiki Or board without including Pep there. Don't think Club signs anyone without his approval. If Txiki gets blame so does Pep. You think Txiki didn't provide list of LBs that we can sign and Pep probably said not worth it to dip in now when there is no one available with quality?

Pep is top brass. He basically runs the club. Txiki is friend. You can't blame Txiki Or board without including Pep there. Don't think Club signs anyone without his approval. If Txiki gets blame so does Pep. You think Txiki didn't provide list of LBs that we can sign and Pep probably said not worth it to dip in now when there is no one available with quality?
We gave Cancelo a chance to sort himself out.

Get the feeling Sam Lee has been given a steer with some of his news today, so I’d take it that it’s more than likely correct. Gomez doesn’t even make the bench most weeks, a sad indictment.
Anyone that has watched the player if honest knows he's nowhere near our level.

He had some quality for us to make the signing and it wasn't a particularly expensive gamble to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.