21 | Sergio Gomez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t particularly rate Gomez, but thought that was a bit shitty from Laporte as a senior player that night. Couldn’t hide his contempt every time Gomez made a mistake.
Was that the Southampton Carabao game? I didn’t watch that one as was playing footy that night.

Was that the Southampton Carabao game? I didn’t watch that one as was playing footy that night.
Yep. As great as he is as a player, Laporte was pathetic tbh. The exact opposite of a supportive teammate. Shaking his head and moaning at him constantly after he made his first mistake. His confidence dropped immediately. You just know Dias would have been cajoling him and picking him up. He clearly needs it as a young lad learning his way.

Yep. As great as he is as a player, Laporte was pathetic tbh. The exact opposite of a supportive teammate. Shaking his head and moaning at him constantly after he made his first mistake. His confidence dropped immediately. You just know Dias would have been cajoling him and picking him up. He clearly needs it as a young lad learning his way.

Remember how Dias took Zinchenko under his wing in 20/21? Giving him chest bumps and high fives and screaming in his face every time he made a good tackle or block.

Remember how Dias took Zinchenko under his wing in 20/21? Giving him chest bumps and high fives and screaming in his face every time he made a good tackle or block.

Yep. That stuff is fucking huge. City reached a Champions League final because of it I reckon. Not sure it's even a stretch to say that Zinny is still a left back simply because of Dias' contribution and support... god I love Dias!

Improved from the last time. But I think that the problem is that he is sometimes a little bit careless with the ball. It may be the reason why Pep does not trust him enough unless we lead with 3 or more goals. Then it reduces his chances of coming up as a sub to get into the team. I will give him another chance in the cup game and lets see if he can have a confidence boost.

Pep needs to pick his position and play him solely there when he gets on, I get he's trying to give him minutes as well as rotating who gets rest but what good is bringing him on as an 8 today going to do when the liklihood of him ever regularly playing in that position for us is minimal. Should have just came on for ake and played as a conventional left back for 30 minutes. He was fine when he came on but the whole team just downed tools the second the first subs were made and it just became a training session. He's got so much improving to do.

Pep needs to pick his position and play him solely there when he gets on, I get he's trying to give him minutes as well as rotating who gets rest but what good is bringing him on as an 8 today going to do when the liklihood of him ever regularly playing in that position for us is minimal
Education ?

He was OK today, he didn't come on for Ake, but eventually reverted to his position after the other subs.

Kompany did similar when we conceded against Chelsea. Long ball over the top - Hart rushing out, Nastasic all over the place.

Vinny went mental at Nastasic, smacking the floor and generally acting the ****. I thought it was a shit reaction from Kompany and not what a young player needs.

Dias - despite his age, is so much better at this side of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.