24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
some players don’t get the right to be rusty after an injury, others do. are you as surprised as i am? :D

gvardiol’s biggest fan above you says he didn’t have a single good game though, i bet he missed joško during his injury :D

still had 94% pass accuracy
Do you have views on any other players
You seem obsessed with Gvardiol.

some players don’t get the right to be rusty after an injury, others do. are you as surprised as i am? :D

gvardiol’s biggest fan above you says he didn’t have a single good game though, i bet he missed joško during his injury :D

still had 94% pass accuracy
1709763195829.png

2nd time I am posting this today (before the injury ratings). He has just turned 22, at a new club, in a new country, without a pre-season, out of position, and not playing regularly. I just don't get why he gets so much hate. Average today, like most of the team due to all the rotation. Few great things, few bad things. 7 weeks out prior. Good training session today. That's all.

Like him and he is definitely a ball playing defender, but he was wasteful tonight, and struggling to get the ball under control at times.

Clearly a bit rusty.

Good to see him get a bit of time as LCB, which is his future for me.

View attachment 109380

2nd time I am posting this today (before the injury ratings). He has just turned 22, at a new club, in a new country, without a pre-season, out of position, and not playing regularly. I just don't get why he gets so much hate. It's either love him or hate him with him on here. No middle ground. Average today, like most of the team. Few great things, few bad things. 7 weeks out. Good run out. That's all.
Does he really get hate, or is it more likely that people had really high expectations of him and he hasn’t quite lived up to it so far? We paid a lot of money for arguably the most sought after young defender in world football…people will have strong opinions on how he plays.

Like him and he is definitely a ball playing defender, but he was wasteful tonight, and struggling to get the ball under control at times.

Clearly a bit rusty.

Good to see him get a bit of time as LCB, which is his future for me.
Will have to improve in quite a few areas IMO in order to become a first choice CB for us. Right now I'd have him behind Ake, Dias, Stones and Akanji at CB and behind Ake at LB. Time is on his side though.

Does he really get hate, or is it more likely that people had really high expectations of him and he hasn’t quite lived up to it so far? We paid a lot of money for arguably the most sought after young defender in world football…people will have strong opinions on how he plays.
We paid a lot for his age and potential. The market is all screwed up as well. I think expecting him to become a vocal point of the strongest back 4 in Europe last season was never going to happen. He looks a part when called upon and promising overall. As you said, he was the most sought after young defender in world football. There is a reason for that.

It’s five weeks actually and he’s been training for the past fortnight.

He misplaced a lot of basic passes and looks very casual. I rate him but he needs to cut out the complacency.
He lacks consistency, IMO. It will come. Regardless, 93.8% passing rate for 97 passes is very good, though. 2/3 long balls. A couple of interceptions. Decent after a long break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.