24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooner or later, some posters will hopefully realise that the way we play can expose ANY full-back. It is hard for me to understand why some cannot grasp that fast wingers can expose a high-line when a accurate pass is played at the right time. To me, it seems very, very obvious, and more than a decade of this occasionally happening to every player who has played full-back for Pep, in his three clubs as manager, should help the penny to drop. Gvardiol will occasionally be exposed in this way, just as Ake, Zinchenko and others have been; just as Lahm and Kimmich were; and just as Alves and Abidal were. It doesn't happen often, but it happens, and exactly because full-backs for Pep become part of the attacking unit playing at and beyond the half-way point, as you would expect in a side that dominates possession of the ball. Remember when Ronaldo and Bale destroyed Pep's Bayern, who were the best team in Europe by a mile: pace, athleticism, and accurate passes over the high line.

Last edited:
Just saw an interesting stat - Gvardiol has been our most two-footed player this season, and only 6 players in the whole of the Premier League have been more two-footed (he's hit a third of his passes with his right foot).

Kovacic apparently hits 98% of his passes with his right foot.

Obviously not the be all and end all, but Pep obviously cares about which foot players use, as we've had an unusually high number of left footers playing under him.

Sooner or later, some posters will hopefully realise that the way we play can expose ANY full-back. It is hard for me to understand why some cannot grasp that fast wingers can expose a high-line when a accurate pass is played at the right time. To me, it seems very, very obvious, and a decade of this occasionally happening to every player who has played full-back for Pep, in his three clubs as manager, should help the penny to drop. Gvardiol will occasionally be exposed in this way, just as Ake, Zinchenko and others have been; just as Lahm and Kimmich were; and just as Alves and Abidal were. It doesn't happen often, but it happens, and exactly because full-backs for Pep become part of the attacking unit playing at and beyond the half-way point, as you would expect in a side that dominates possession of the ball. Remember when Ronaldo and Bale destroyed Pep's Bayern, who were the best team in Europe by a mile: pace, athleticism, and accurate passes over the high line.

Some of our fans is asking alot for fullback to be somekind superhuman who equally good on attacking as well as defending.

There's no full back in the whole world is capable of such thing, you will always find yourself disappointed if expecting otherwise.

Even one who is outstanding in both ways will be caught out occasionally if they are well up the field when a quick turnover happens: it's just something to accept.

so, some man city fans are now running an anti gvardiol agenda about clean sheets. with rival fans happily joining with he’s a flop comments.

gotta love how some city fans enjoy shitting on their players with rival fans, it’s what john lennon imagined i guess.

he didn’t play yesterday and city kept a clean sheet, meaning the lack of clean sheets is totally his fault.

since he signed he spent 8 games on the bench in all competitons. the everton game yesterday was the first clean sheet game without gvardiol on the pitch.

so that’s 7 games without a clean sheet but yeah, it’s all his fault.

just posting this to get rid of that myth :D

so, some man city fans are now running an anti gvardiol agenda about clean sheets. with rival fans happily joining with he’s a flop comments.

gotta love how some city fans enjoy shitting on their players with rival fans, it’s what john lennon imagined i guess.

he didn’t play yesterday and city kept a clean sheet, meaning the lack of clean sheets is totally his fault.

since he signed he spent 8 games on the bench in all competitons. the everton game yesterday was the first clean sheet game without gvardiol on the pitch.

so that’s 7 games without a clean sheet but yeah, it’s all his fault.

just posting this to get rid of that myth :D
1707746598316.png

Get rid ;).

Plays with bravery. He’s young and will make mistakes but I like how he plays. Still learning and has plenty of time to improve.

Anyone knows what's his injury status? Can't find anything about Kovacic injury also? Long term, short term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.