24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was good again. The only one in thr back 4 who looked like he could make a key pass, any even remotely competent build up had him central to it. Very solid defensively, didn't ever look like Jesus was going to do him and was actually one of the best attacking outlets, freed himself down thr left a few times.

Loves a skewed kick mind.

Rolls Royce. Will be undroppable very soon.

Our best defender right now. And maybe in the future too.

The other 3 defenders don't contribute enough in the build up play. Thus we are a bit toothless going forward when Rodri is out despite having incredible forwards. Good build up play is the basis of Pep ball.

Only player that can take any credit from the game today, was pretty faultless throughout.

Didn't watch much of him at Leipzig, but I assume he played centre half more often than not.

Feel like he's been shoe horned into left back at the moment, and although he's doing a good job, I think we'd be better off having a solid centre back pairing of him and Dias, with Ake at left back.

He was good defensively but a 71% pass completion from defence is shocking. Also has the highest inaccurate short passes per 90 in the squad... definitely something he has to work on
It’s odd because he’s had some games in which his % is in the mid/high 90s and everyone is griping about his misplaced passes. Today his % was very low and there were a lot fewer comments about his passing.

I’ll have to pay more attention on rewatch for this game, but I do find that he plays riskier passes than his counterparts. He always has a few passes a game in which he’s trying to thread a ball through to Haaland or another attacker that are more progressive than his peers. But they are touch and go in terms of success.

Also, I think he’s had more inconsistency in who is in front of him - which is probably less troubling to his more seasoned peers - but the consistency there would help him I imagine. I think he plays well with Jack, but there have been times with other players in which they don’t seem to be ready to get a ball from him - like there is fault on both ends of the pass. I imagine this will be worked out in time - hopefully people are willing to give him that time.

Out of all the players we brought in this summer, he's the only one I'd say is totally worth the money. He's already killing it and I'm hoping he'll only improve from here! The other Croatian guy is decent, but he's not quite on the same level as KDB and Gundogan.

He was good defensively but a 71% pass completion from defence is shocking. Also has the highest inaccurate short passes per 90 in the squad... definitely something he has to work on

It’s odd because he’s had some games in which his % is in the mid/high 90s and everyone is griping about his misplaced passes. Today his % was very low and there were a lot fewer comments about his passing.

I’ll have to pay more attention on rewatch for this game, but I do find that he plays riskier passes than his counterparts. He always has a few passes a game in which he’s trying to thread a ball through to Haaland or another attacker that are more progressive than his peers. But they are touch and go in terms of success.

Also, I think he’s had more inconsistency in who is in front of him - which is probably less troubling to his more seasoned peers - but the consistency there would help him I imagine. I think he plays well with Jack, but there have been times with other players in which they don’t seem to be ready to get a ball from him - like there is fault on both ends of the pass. I imagine this will be worked out in time - hopefully people are willing to give him that time.
You are right. The thing is that Gvardiol likes to take more risks with his passes than players in his position typically do. He always tries to use his passes to put his teammate in a good situation. In one interview, he even said that it's boring for him to constantly play those safe short passes.

Only player that can take any credit from the game today, was pretty faultless throughout.

Didn't watch much of him at Leipzig, but I assume he played centre half more often than not.

Feel like he's been shoe horned into left back at the moment, and although he's doing a good job, I think we'd be better off having a solid centre back pairing of him and Dias, with Ake at left back.
He played really well today, even when he went forward.
When he plays LB he looks more consistent going forward than Ake, so as we didn't start with a left winger, he was needed there more today. I prefer him at CH though.

I think he'll be one of the league's best CH's very soon, he's a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.