24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like him at CB next to Stones with Ake or Akanji as LB. Dias needs a rest.

Only player that can take any credit from the game today, was pretty faultless throughout.

Didn't watch much of him at Leipzig, but I assume he played centre half more often than not.

Feel like he's been shoe horned into left back at the moment, and although he's doing a good job, I think we'd be better off having a solid centre back pairing of him and Dias, with Ake at left back.
he played almost exclusively as a cb the last two seasons, i think a bit as lb at the beginning of his first season in leipzig but since then cb for club and country. he also believes cb is his natural position but will play any position he’s asked to play.

You are right. The thing is that Gvardiol likes to take more risks with his passes than players in his position typically do. He always tries to use his passes to put his teammate in a good situation. In one interview, he even said that it's boring for him to constantly play those safe short passes.
that is true but i don’t think he’d do anything without pep’s blessing really, that would be just stupid.

Ultimately, I’m curious what the long term plan is with him. LB, CH, Stones role? With the schedule there clearly hasn’t been any time to really work on anything with Pep, so I suppose long term could mean like next year. Or is it just fill in game to game as needed.

is there any reason why Pep is playing the best young CB in the world at LB? When one of our best and most consistent players from last season in Ake was at LB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.