24 | Joško Gvardiol - 2023/24

• Thread starter BrazilianGus
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was slightly worried about his pace (not as quick as I first thought he was supposed to be) after one of the games earlier in the season. But he looked rapid yesterday for a big fella. Could be a massive revelation for us with Walker's powers inevitably waning in the future. I think this left back role is spot on for him which he is an upgrade to the squad on Aymer, who Pep didn't seem to want playing in there.

I don't know if we really realize what a monster we have. I've never seen such a complete and strong defender at his age, never! Have you seen how strong he is in duels? And he doesn't even play in his natural position, although I have the impression that he could play in every position in the defense and midfield. He's also a monstrous header. He's quick (much quicker than Dias) and technically he's monstrous (and even better than Stones, who's a monster in this area). As he's very young and seems to have an easy-going character, Pep is going to make him his new Bernardo and play him in every position. For the time being, Pep can't play him as a central defender unless there's a spate of injuries. He'll spend most of the season as a full-back, which is the best possible news, because on this forum we've always quipped about the left-back position, which was supposed to be our only weakness, and now we're finally going to have a monster, even if Nathan Ake has done some great service there. Thanks to his speed, his excellent calls and splits, his technique and his vista, I can tell you that Grealish and Doku are going to have a great time.

Finished 25th in the Ballon d'Or contest. 2nd highest defender. There were only 3 nominated. Our Ruben finished 30th, Kim Min-jae 23rd. Well done!

In he first 10 minutes of the game yesterday, he made 3 big mistakes but thank God it didn't cost us.

It seems even WC players makes mistakes and not only Sergio Gomez.

Finished 25th in the Ballon d'Or contest. 2nd highest defender. There were only 3 nominated. Our Ruben finished 30th, Kim Min-jae 23rd. Well done!
Ruben finishing 30th is a fucking disgrace.

Gvardiol still seems a bit shy. Extremely happy with him so far, but I know there’s a couple levels higher for him to reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.