#25 | Fernandinho - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was one moment in the game where he showed what a consummate professional he really is.

As Raz took the pen, Ferna stood a long way from the box, and then charged in at top speed as Raz moved in to take the pen. He was determined to be first of the others to meet the ball, should it rebound and evade Raz.

Just a small detail, but it’s his attention to detail that has made him a City legend.

Manchester City are ready to explore all avenues in order to keep Fernandinho (36, ) at the club beyond this season. Playing or coaching options, possibly both, will be on the table when the time comes to open talks with him. [The National Sport]

One of the greatest defensive midfielders I have ever seen in my life and you know what the irony is, if Pep had replaced Mancini, we wouldn't have bought him.

Doesn't care about those meaningless stats, when each and every time the likes of Busquets and Rodri have left defense completely exposed, because of their lack of pace against teams that hit you on counter.

Nobody, literally no defender can properly defend a counter attack that too against teams who have forwards that have slight ability to move quickly, when they have got Rodri trying to jog in front of them.

One of the greatest defensive midfielders I have ever seen in my life and you know what the irony is, if Pep had replaced Mancini, we wouldn't have bought him.

Doesn't care about those meaningless stats, when each and every time the likes of Busquets and Rodri have left defense completely exposed, because of their lack of pace against teams that hit you on counter.

Nobody, literally no defender can properly defend a counter attack that too against teams who have forwards that have slight ability to move quickly, when they have got Rodri trying to jog in front of them.
I feel like this is an overreaction to today's game.

I feel like this is an overreaction to today's game.

Hardly, overreaction would be to suggest that our defenders forget to defend against the likes of Conte, Solskjaer, Nuno or against teams like Lyon.

They all have one thing common, Rodri played in those matches, a guy who is massively protected because of the way we play.

Hardly, overreaction would be to suggest that our defenders forget to defend against the likes of Conte, Solskjaer, Nuno or against teams like Lyon.

They all have one thing common, Rodri played in those matches, a guy who is massively protected because of the way we play.
I mean I'm happy to say Fernandinho is a bonafide legend here but I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find games where we were taken apart on the counter with Fernandinho in DM. The reason we fall apart is a collective failing, not an individual one. Or would you be willing to say the reason why we have successfully dominated teams looking to counter us multiple times this season (eg Chelsea, PSG, Liverpool) was thanks to Rodri too? Or in spite of him, let me assume?

Your arguments are in bad faith. When you've calmed down and gotten over today's poor result hopefully you'll realise that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.