#25 | Fernandinho - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I'm happy to say Fernandinho is a bonafide legend here but I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find games where we were taken apart on the counter with Fernandinho in DM. The reason we fall apart is a collective failing, not an individual one. Or would you be willing to say the reason why we have successfully dominated teams looking to counter us multiple times this season (eg Chelsea, PSG, Liverpool) was thanks to Rodri too? Or in spite of him, let me assume?

Your arguments are in bad faith. When you've calmed down and gotten over today's poor result hopefully you'll realise that.

Actually you would find many games where teams absolutely murdered us on counter when Fernandinho was playing. But prime Fernandinho was covering for the likes of Yaya, Silva and Fernando. While we have the likes of Bernardo, Gundogan, and Foden when he plays in midfield, pressing opposition players to protect Rodri.

Actually you would find many games where teams absolutely murdered us on counter when Fernandinho was playing. But prime Fernandinho was covering for the likes of Yaya, Silva and Fernando. While we have the likes of Bernardo, Gundogan, and Foden when he plays in midfield, pressing opposition players to protect Rodri.
Like I said, you're arguing in bad faith. You're new here so understand that a million and one others have all been wrong about Rodri the same way you are, with the same bad faith logic too.

I hope you realise this one day, and appreciate Rodri the same way we've grown to appreciate Fernandinho.

Like I said, you're arguing in bad faith. You're new here so understand that a million and one others have all been wrong about Rodri the same way you are, with the same bad faith logic too.

I hope you realise this one day, and appreciate Rodri the same way we've grown to appreciate Fernandinho.
I am not completely blaming Rodri , let's agree to disagree, obviously not playing with a recognised striker is hurting us too and that too at the expense of other players.

Remember that 6-3 win against Arsenal? Remove Fernandinho and recognised strikers, and replace them with Rodri and midfielders who are not suitable for the false 9 role, do you think we would have won it?

We need a plan b, and that is having someone like Tchouameni or Kamara, or both of them to protect our defence against teams that attack us on counters, and when we can't keep the ball as well as we do normally.

What is not acceptable is that when we struggle to keep the ball, which happens and at the same time when we need to score and the opposition team is willing to take their chances against us on counters, your defensive midfielder is nowhere to be seen. Didn't tolmie mention that we were looking to replace him?

Last edited:
This guy is irreplaceable. Nothing to do with tonight other than he’s showing his age. Silva, Aguero and Kompany are the ultimate legends. This gig isn’t far off in his own way. He is just fucking immense.

He can still consistently play those perfectly weighted balls over the top of fullbacks.

I love him like a brother but I really hope we don't have to see much more of him this season. His recovery legs have totally gone so if he doesn't smother the first ball we are in trouble.

I love him like a brother but I really hope we don't have to see much more of him this season. His recovery legs have totally gone so if he doesn't smother the first ball we are in trouble.
He'll play against Sporting in the second leg and he'll play in the QF 2nd leg if we batter whoever we draw next. If we draw a lower league team in the FA Cup at any point between now and the final then he'll play that. And he'll play against Watford at home, and maybe Villa at home if we've won the league already - we'll make him captain for the day and give him a big send off.

I think that's your lot.

He'll play against Sporting in the second leg and he'll play in the QF 2nd leg if we batter whoever we draw next. If we draw a lower league team in the FA Cup at any point between now and the final then he'll play that. And he'll play against Watford at home, and maybe Villa at home if we've won the league already - we'll make him captain for the day and give him a big send off.

I think that's your lot.
Yes, you're right. I forgot about the Sporting game. Any "gimme" and he'll get a run out. Unless Rodri gets an injury and in that case i believe we have a problem against better teams. In fact I'll go as far as to say that a Rodri injury could derail our whole season.

Yes, you're right. I forgot about the Sporting game. Any "gimme" and he'll get a run out. Unless Rodri gets an injury and in that case i believe we have a problem against better teams. In fact I'll go as far as to say that a Rodri injury could derail our whole season.
Yeah I don't think anyone expected Fernandinho to tail off this quickly. There were flashes of it last season, especially Everton away in the cup, but he was still in some peoples' first XIs for the Champions League final and deservedly so.

He may feature alongside Rodri in a couple of away games between now and the season's end (like I think we did away at Villa earlier in the season) but on his own I think it'll be cameo appearances when we're comfortably ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.