#25 | Fernandinho - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he’s looked poor in pretty much every game this season. There’s still an odd moment of quality But he’s just getting run past with ease. Not dealing with cm last summer was a mistake, like pretty much everything else city did last summer

Gündy was great there in 18/19, but we had David Silva doing what Gündy is doing now. Foden can't really do that (yet)

This season, we had great performances vs Chelsea, PSG away and Liverpool without Gundogan. We have players who can replace him at 8 or false 9. Only Gundogan has experience at 6, though, if we don't count Ferna. It's a no-brainer in case we need to replace Rodri in really important games.

This season, we had great performances vs Chelsea, PSG away and Liverpool without Gundogan. We have players who can replace him at 8 or false 9. Only Gundogan has experience at 6, though, if we don't count Ferna. It's a no-brainer in case we need to replace Rodri in really important games.

Let’s hope we never need to find out!

The other alternatives all bring their own issues. Gündy would be a huge miss further up the field, same with Bernardo. Zinchenko is one of our three fullbacks so would also carry a major risk if we had to play him in midfield. De Bruyne doesn't really have the legs or discipline for it. Lavia has zero experience

Not a great set of options should Rodri miss any decent stretch of games
I think that is a very accurate summary of where we are. Sad to see Ferna losing possession in dangerous areas in his last few games.

Fern worries me far less than some others. He’s basically at the club now to give Rodri a rest when needed. There were others out on the pitch tonight who are supposed to be serious competition for other players in the team and they showed next to nothing.
Sadly we had players in midfield but we did not have a midfield unit and didn't have enough quality up front to disguise it.

We are a Rodri injury away from possible disaster, he has to stay fit for us to have a title winning season.

Love him,alongside Kompany,probably my favourite player of recent times.

However,watching him now is painful - if this was my pet dog,i'd be making the incredibly hard but necessary decision.

All the while,an incredibly talented Lavia continues to stagnate in the EDS.

Gundogan would be by far the best option to replace Rodri. He was excellent in that position when he replaced Ferna in 18/19. Foden could replace Gundogan in CM/AM.

Lavia isn't an option at all. He's nowhere near being ready to play vs PL/CL teams. DM is a very difficult position requiring experience and quality, especially in a Pep team.
Gundogan DM and Foden CA/AM? Sounds like UCL final and we all know the result...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.