#25 | Fernandinho - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice stuff. I assume the visit to Londrina is because it is his hometown?

Any talents from the South we should keep an eye on? :)
Yeah the Londrina stop was very random and only justified for being his hometown. It’s the closest to me and still almost 10 hours away. But it must have been nice for him to be back there in this context, as he’s also the pride of the town.
There is a left back in the club for which he played until 2005, Athletico Paranaense, called Abner Vinicius, that has been linked with us supposedly. He is good. But to play in Fernandinho’s position, I would absolutely want us to sign the best defensive midfielder prospect in all of South America, Danilo from Palmeiras. I already talked about him in the transfer forum. He turns 21 at the end of this month. An absolute beast and much better than Casemiro was at that age.

I'd play him next week against AM.
We need a presence like him to deal with any shit they may try.
Maybe not, he's not shy of using the dark arts himself, he'd be targetted right away, with Madrid players falling over once they moved into his shadow. Who would he play instead of ?

Maybe not, he's not shy of using the dark arts himself, he'd be targetted right away, with Madrid players falling over once they moved into his shadow. Who would he play instead of ?
I'd start him instead of Rodri in this one.
They have to score at least two to go through, so i think Dinho will help more with the defensive side of things

I'd start him instead of Rodri in this one.
They have to score at least two to go through, so i think Dinho will help more with the defensive side of things
Imo this season when Dinho plays that huge space down the centre of the pitch opens up to counter attacks which are an Atleti speciality, we just become too loose defensively. I expect we will play a controlled, ball retaining offensive game, and try to pin them in their own half. Not you, but some posters here seem to enjoy reporting on how many passes Rodri errs on, have a look at the last 2 games he's played and note how many headers he wins between the boxes and how many barely noticeable interceptions he completes, he defends attacks when they are just developing which is very important when trying to pressure a home team. I think the balance of the mix of players and possibly recovery levels from Sunday's game will be the key factors and Dinho's role might be to come on if we could add to our lead and need to defend it late in the game.

Doesn’t sound too happy on sky sports with his lack of playing time. Asked would he like to extend for another year he said I do not think so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.