25 | Manuel Akanji - 2023/24

In the second half he's consistently been finding space in front of goal, and consistently made the right pass to a creative player while bypassing several defenders. Impressive

imo great game. bit worse in around 20 to 45 mins. but before that and after he did what Pep asked from him in this crazy position and made some good passes.

certainly better in not his position than KDB, Foden in theirs.

I haven't got a name to offer who was better. I don't like him in thr stones role, I think it goes completely against his strongest attributes which is almost as a sweeper but he doesn't choose what he's asked to do. Felt like he performed at a level others didn't reach. He's now overtaken Ake as currently our best defender.

I thought he was good tonight in finding spaces. I think he just lacks that bit of quality on the ball that Stones has, even though he finds the spaces.

That's not a criticism though because how many defenders are as good on the ball as John Stones? More an observation really.

Manuel did his best.

Pep should have a 2nd plan for Stones.

Unpopular opinion: I will have Manuel as left back and move Gvardiol in the middle to utilize their strength - Speed and movement from Manuel. Defending and shooting from Gvardiol.

Anyway lets move on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.