26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selfish again. Disappointed. He’s had a cracking season though. Still deserves to start.

Sorry, I very much disagree.

Here is a frame from just before he puts it in to the stands.

Are you arguing that from that position (and body orientation to the ball) he can get his boot behind and under the ball to chip it in to the row M (red), but *can’t* get it to the side to play one of the simplest 8 yard passes a footballer could be called upon to make (yellow)?

I will say I have made similar passes from worse positions (back when I played) and I wasn’t getting paid over 100k a week to do it in high pressure situations.

He could have also just simply passed it in to the far post, with Phil running in to ensure it went in.

9-EB05-C1-D-BED0-42-AE-B0-DD-ECD6-AFA1-D233.jpg

He also could have just shot instead of trying a chip. He's never done one in thee three years he's been here so ridiculous to do one there.

Thank god Aguero did make a powerful shot right next to QPR keeper's hand 10 years ago instead of a lob/chip whatever...

we need to do the simple thing when it comes to finishing. fucking Jota aint scoring worldies he just gets in on target and that is enough lot of the times.

As far as goal return he's having a good season but honestly think we're a better team without him in it.

Riyad.. pass the damn ball..
He did, it created our best chance of the game. Don't get me wrong, I've screamed that numerous times towards him too but somebody in our side has to want to shoot. with the season he's having, I can't have too much of a go at him for wanting to shoot.

Not his finest game tonight. And that's being extremely generous, unusually sloppy and out of sync, could have had their fullback on toast, he went past him easily a few times early on then just disappeared out of the game. Losing some of his early season form. He needs that back, he's been vital for us.

Probably a hot take but I actually dont think he's played that well this season lol, despite all the goals. if you go back and look there's a lot of goals off the bench, the 4th in a 4-1 win etc. I don't think he's maintained a starting spot for more than a couple of games at all this season, despite the numbers. Personally I think he was better last year. This year it feels like he's been sort of back to 2019 Mahrez of bagging numbers but his overall play being spotty. Kind of the reverse Grealish

Him and De Bruyne together on the right doesn't work in my opinion. Needs to be Bernardo with Mahrez outside him or De Bruyne with Sterling outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.