26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Displayed his frustrating best last night but still our most dangerous attacker.Like everyone else,i just wish he'd make better decisions on and with the ball.

Him and De Bruyne together on the right doesn't work in my opinion. Needs to be Bernardo with Mahrez outside him or De Bruyne with Sterling outside.
Him and Kevin on the right was usually one of our best weapons in the last few seasons.

KdB could drift wide and cross, and Mahrez could cut inside.

I think this season we seem to build up more on the left, then quickly switch to the right to the winger. In this sense their "weapon" can't really be deployed as well. But it has been a good weapon for us usually.

Since coming back from the World Cup qualifiers and Algeria being eliminated he’s been a shadow of his former self. He looks like he’s carried his disappointment into his performances. Hopefully after last night , the whole squad is galvanised and can kick on from
here onwards

Wasn’t happy with that way he shit out of that challenge in the corner last night. Not too was Walker by his reaction.
Did ok last night but nothing special. Needs to crack on now for the rest of the season as we will need something from him.

He has reverted to brainless greedy Mahrez.

Probably cost us 2 or 3 goals in the last couple of days by trying to score everything himself and not getting his head up, and his workrate off the ball is seriously lacking compared to the other forwards.
The worst thing is that he has ballon d’or level talent but when the big lights are on, he gets in his own head and becomes selfish. Infuriating. He could’ve had their fullback on toast repeatedly as well. I just don’t understand it

Very good when he came on, so much quality. Shouldn’t have given up that free kick as soon as he came on, he was the few on the pitch who has both the accuracy and power to score from that range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.