26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinell. He’ll be an important cog again this season despite a bad start. A few bad games doesn’t mean a player is taking the piss and resting on their laurels because of a new contract.

Some of the shit on here makes it pretty evident some couldn’t wait for him to start underperforming just to have their own ‘I told you so’ moment.
It’s not just a few bad games, he was wank towards the end of last season and a goal at the Bernabeu gave him some credit.

It’s not just a few bad games, he was wank towards the end of last season and a goal at the Bernabeu gave him some credit.

Another big goal from him in a season filled with important goals. That credit has been built up more than enough over the past season or so for him to be cut some slack when things aren’t going his way. Other players are shielded for a lot less IMO

Another big goal from him in a season filled with important goals. That credit has been built up more than enough over the past season or so for him to be cut some slack when things aren’t going his way. Other players are shielded for a lot less IMO
Things haven’t been going his way for far to long.

One of my biggest concerns about him at the moment was evident when Kev had a fantastic first touch to give him possession in the centre circle, they had committed many players forward for once and a simple first time pass to Cancelo was on yet he took three touches and was tactically fouled to stop the counter. All our players slumped.
It’s very worrying. He thrives on the counter attack. Something is off. He’s on the wrong side of 30 as well. It’s not looking good. For the love of god I don’t understand why he won’t run at the fullback.

Has the ability, but needs to up his game and doesn't deserve a place in the side on current form. However, with our small squad he will be needed.

Was absolutely dire. Maybe he will get better, but atm he does not warrant a spot in the first XI.

Similar to grealish, lacks the fight and tenacity. Although the pair of them would benefit from natural fullbacks behind them.

It’s very worrying. He thrives on the counter attack. Something is off. He’s on the wrong side of 30 as well. It’s not looking good. For the love of god I don’t understand why he won’t run at the fullback.
It is his fitness levels and hunger which have dropped. He let himself go too much over the summer and needs to cut down on his jet set party lifestyle or Pep will dump him. He has been world class for us at times but there is no time for sentiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.