26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we should give him the same chance that Grealish seems to get on here.
When Mahrez has a bad game then it's not really his fault, he's just carrying out Pep's instructions

You would think given twenty minutes to make a mark on a game and to prove to the manager you are worth a starting place that Mahrez would have shown at least a little enthusiasm , he needs a kick up the arse he is so much better than what he has produced this season.

June 2025 feels like a long time from now for a 31 yr old who is looking 2nd, or even 3rd choice in his position SO FAR this season.

One can only hope it’s early doors and he’s getting warmed up for the business end of the season!

Can only hope he and Erling get a nice break over the World Cup, and become the kind of combo that clicks. The problem is Mahrez hardly ever puts in an early ball in behind.

June 2025 feels like a long time from now for a 31 yr old who is looking 2nd, or even 3rd choice in his position SO FAR this season.

One can only hope it’s early doors and he’s getting warmed up for the business end of the season!

Can only hope he and Erling get a nice break over the World Cup, and become the kind of combo that clicks. The problem is Mahrez hardly ever puts in an early ball in behind.
He was bloody good at playing that kind of pass for Vardy at Leicester, so he's definitely capable of it at least

Its just a slow start to the season and he will have a fair amount of impactful games this season which will be very long. I'd rather have mahrez playing badly at the start of the season as compared to the business end where you really need your top players to do well and he has consistently been doing that, some players just don't get the same love as others, it's an undeniable fact.

I also find it absurd and hilarious that people are questioning his contract extension, he was one of the top players last season, further, we lost three integral members of our squad so it was good on part of city and pep to extend his contract. True value of players like Mahrez is felt when they leave, there must be reason that Pep values him so much and sees the things which his critics can't.

By February, march alot of people will be very happy to have a player like mahrez in our squad, just give it time

Last edited:
I'd rather have mahrez playing badly at the start of the season as compared to the business end where you really need your top players to do well and he has consistently been doing that

In the business end of last season he got a scrappy deflected goal against Brighton and a goal against Madrid in a game we lost 3-1. That was it. In fact, barring the goals against PSG and the goal to put us 3-1 up against Brighton in 2019 he hasn’t done much at the business end in any of his four seasons here.

In the business end of last season he got a scrappy deflected goal against Brighton and a goal against Madrid in a game we lost 3-1. That was it. In fact, barring the goals against PSG and the goal to put us 3-1 up against Brighton in 2019 he hasn’t done much at the business end in any of his four seasons here.
What a fucking disgrace.

Mahrez is not currently in good form. Hopefully, he regains it very soon. But, this post from your infamous "I hate Mahrez" folder (remember that?) is just a disgrace. Mahrez's goal at the Bernabeu would have sealed the FINAL OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE for City 99% of the time. Minimizing its importance is plain dishonesty.
Oh, I forgot: he has been the top goalscorer last season, one of the best City players the two preceding seasons and a main factor in City reaching the FINAL OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE for the first time in its history. I can go on and on but I have no more time for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.