26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is his fitness levels and hunger which have dropped. He let himself go too much over the summer and needs to cut down on his jet set party lifestyle or Pep will dump him. He has been world class for us at times but there is no time for sentiment.
I think this is correct. Watch the highlights of the game again and see the Reus chance that led to the corner for the goal. Mahrez tried a crazy pass to Stones which was way off and intercepted. From there John was 30 yds ahead of the play and breezed past Mahrez who was only jogging back. Must be fitness levels or maybe desire to work back. I know I often say it but it's this sort of thing that does him no favours - he is blessed with God given ability but any player who doesn't graft rarely stays in a successful team.

We have been great at coming back in games but that is not sustainable all year and one day we will not come back in a very important game. That said how good did we look in that final 25 mins - we are so lucky to see three 22 year olds as our first choice front three - pace, hunger and ability - just wow.

I think this is correct. Watch the highlights of the game again and see the Reus chance that led to the corner for the goal. Mahrez tried a crazy pass to Stones which was way off and intercepted. From there John was 30 yds ahead of the play and breezed past Mahrez who was only jogging back. Must be fitness levels or maybe desire to work back. I know I often say it but it's this sort of thing that does him no favours - he is blessed with God given ability but any player who doesn't graft rarely stays in a successful team.

We have been great at coming back in games but that is not sustainable all year and one day we will not come back in a very important game. That said how good did we look in that final 25 mins - we are so lucky to see three 22 year olds as our first choice front three - pace, hunger and ability - just wow.
I think Mahrez has been a great player for City over the years, especially in some huge matches, but professional football at the highest level is a brutal business. Look at the state of people like Ronaldo these days. I think Pep is ruthless. He sold Jesus and Sterling at the right time and will not hesitate to sell Mahrez (and Grealish if he doesn't step up) if the thinks the club has to move forward. That' why he is a great Manager. The players get high salaries but risk always comes with that high reward.

Always be powder puff.....occasionally brilliant,mostly a limp cock.

Giver over, he's never one to tackle but was one of our best players last season. He's just started the season slowly.

KDB started slowly last season too only to hit form around November/December.

Mahrez will come into form soon enough.

Giver over, he's never one to tackle but was one of our best players last season. He's just started the season slowly.

KDB started slowly last season too only to hit form around November/December.

Mahrez will come into form soon enough.

What was your favourite Mahrez performance from last season?

The disrespect of Mahrez in this thread is so f*cking unreal. This is the same man that bring us to first UCL final in our history, last season city top score and if it not from last five minute of madness in Madrid then he will for the second consecutive season brought us into UCL final with his sole goal.

Ofc mahrez at the start of the new seasons didn't do well as we hoped, but why writing him off early of the season? Give him some time, he didn't start as much games and only bring him in as sub by Pep. There's a chance he will back at his best later on this season, it's too early to judge him imo.

What was your favourite Mahrez performance from last season?

can't remember an individual game but I know around the end of November to Christmas and January he started playing really well and scoring regularly.

I think Mahrez has been a great player for City over the years, especially in some huge matches, but professional football at the highest level is a brutal business. Look at the state of people like Ronaldo these days. I think Pep is ruthless. He sold Jesus and Sterling at the right time and will not hesitate to sell Mahrez (and Grealish if he doesn't step up) if the thinks the club has to move forward. That' why he is a great Manager. The players get high salaries but risk always comes with that high reward.
Selling two players who didn't want to stay, is hardly being ruthless.

Selling two players who didn't want to stay, is hardly being ruthless.
That's a fair comment. I have always admired Pep's view which he repeats all the time: "If they don't want to play for Manchester City then they can go." He usually says it with an evil glint in his eye though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.