26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the business end of last season he got a scrappy deflected goal against Brighton and a goal against Madrid in a game we lost 3-1. That was it. In fact, barring the goals against PSG and the goal to put us 3-1 up against Brighton in 2019 he hasn’t done much at the business end in any of his four seasons here.
Every week I see a new post that I think might be the worst I've ever seen.

What a fucking disgrace.

Mahrez is not currently in good form. Hopefully, he regains it very soon. But, this post from your infamous "I hate Mahrez" folder (remember that?) is just a disgrace. Mahrez's goal at the Bernabeu would have sealed the FINAL OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE for City 99% of the time. Minimizing its importance is plain dishonesty.
Oh, I forgot: he has been the top goalscorer last season, one of the best City players the two preceding seasons and a main factor in City reaching the FINAL OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE for the first time in its history. I can go on and on but I have no more time for you.

Why have you just completely ignored what I actually said?

18/19 season - he scored in 2 league games after Christmas, no CL knockout goals. Fair to say he wasn’t doing consistently well at the business end of the season.

19/20 season - did fuck all at the business end of the season barring a goal against Newcastle and a goal to put us 5-0 up against an already relegated Norwich. No CL knockout goals.

20/21 - didn’t do much in the league towards the end of the season, but fair fucks to the lad - he scored in both legs against PSG. It was about time too because up until those games he’d only ever scored 2 CL goals for us. Did fuck all in the final though which most Algerian fanboys seem to conveniently forget.

21/22 - as mentioned got a scruffy goal to put us 1-0 up against Brighton and got an assist and goal against Madrid (let’s just ignore the fact he was crap for the intervening 155 minutes though). Missed a last minute penalty at West Ham and gets subbed early against Villa after playing poorly. Again, very arguable that he was consistently playing well at the end of the season.

So there you go, actual proof that he hasn’t CONSISTENTLY been doing well at the business end of the season, which was the original point I was replying too. More than happy for you to actually prove me wrong though….

Why have you just completely ignored what I actually said?

18/19 season - he scored in 2 league games after Christmas, no CL knockout goals. Fair to say he wasn’t doing consistently well at the business end of the season.

19/20 season - did fuck all at the business end of the season barring a goal against Newcastle and a goal to put us 5-0 up against an already relegated Norwich. No CL knockout goals.

20/21 - didn’t do much in the league towards the end of the season, but fair fucks to the lad - he scored in both legs against PSG. It was about time too because up until those games he’d only ever scored 2 CL goals for us. Did fuck all in the final though which most Algerian fanboys seem to conveniently forget.

21/22 - as mentioned got a scruffy goal to put us 1-0 up against Brighton and got an assist and goal against Madrid (let’s just ignore the fact he was crap for the intervening 155 minutes though). Missed a last minute penalty at West Ham and gets subbed early against Villa after playing poorly. Again, very arguable that he was consistently playing well at the end of the season.

So there you go, actual proof that he hasn’t CONSISTENTLY been doing well at the business end of the season, which was the original point I was replying too. More than happy for you to actually prove me wrong though….

What a piece of stinking shit, again. 100% lies. When I get some time to waste, I will answer your shit.

Last thing, you're speaking about "Algerian fanboys". When some hater with his pretentious know-it-all assumptions like you speaks this way, I just shake my head. I have been following City for over half a century. You think you know things but, in reality, you don't. You're not an honest person.

Last edited:
What a fucking disgrace.

Mahrez is not currently in good form. Hopefully, he regains it very soon. But, this post from your infamous "I hate Mahrez" folder (remember that?) is just a disgrace. Mahrez's goal at the Bernabeu would have sealed the FINAL OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE for City 99% of the time. Minimizing its importance is plain dishonesty.
Oh, I forgot: he has been the top goalscorer last season, one of the best City players the two preceding seasons and a main factor in City reaching the FINAL OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE for the first time in its history. I can go on and on but I have no more time for you.
Apart from that goal at the Bernabeu, he’s been utter shite for ages. Bottled a penalty against West Ham and missed that chance at the death against Liverpool at the etihad which would have sealed the title. He was shit hot before Christmas last season, but his current form isn’t good enough to start for a team that wants to win everything.

Apart from that goal at the Bernabeu, he’s been utter shite for ages. Bottled a penalty against West Ham and missed that chance at the death against Liverpool at the etihad which would have sealed the title. He was shit hot before Christmas last season, but his current form isn’t good enough to start for a team that wants to win everything.

Mahrez has not been utter shite for ages. Pep wouldn't have played an "utter shit for ages" for ages. So, you're basically saying Pep doesn't know what he is doing.

It’s going to be a long season. We may have seen the best of him. Or he’s just lost form which may be temporary.

He deserves our patience.
Spot-on. At his peak Mahrez is as good as anyone but he has had a slow start this season. Perhaps he is fading a bit because of his age and lifestyle. So many players lose their hunger past the age of 30. But he deserves the benefit of the doubt and I trust Pep 100 per cent to assess his form and make the right decision. Wouldn't surprise me if he scored a couple in the Derby match. He is that sort of player.

Mahrez has not been utter shite for ages. Pep wouldn't have played an "utter shit for ages" for ages. So, you're basically saying Pep doesn't know what he is doing.
There's a whole universe of difference between 'utter shite' and 'temporarily out of form'. We have seen what Mahrez can do when his form is bristling, and yer right about Pep playing him or not playing him.

I've seen some City players in my time and I think there hasn't been one who has been 'utter shite'. No body gets to play in the PL who is utter shite. Oh, hang on, who was that guy MANUre had?

That’s putting words in my mouth, but what I’ve said is true. His form towards the back end of the season was SHITE and it’s carried on at the start of this season.

He seems to be pissed off everytime he’s on the pitch at the moment. Not much working for him and his usual poor decision making when he’s in good positions hasn’t helped.
Still, a player of his undoubted quality will always hit a run of form and whilst we’re bedding into a new season it’s not an issue for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.