26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s putting words in my mouth, but what I’ve said is true. His form towards the back end of the season was SHITE and it’s carried on at the start of this season.
You keep changing your words as you go along. I didn't put words in your mouth. I copy-pasted exactly what you've said.

Anyway, I would certainly like to have a player who (at the end of last season as per your time selection) is SHITE, who can score in the BERNABEU and potentially seal for City the CL FINAL, who can score a vital equalizer in West Ham and help City win the PL TITLE, who ends up with a tally of TWENTY-FOUR GOALS and NINE ASSISTS in a season he started only 15 PL games, who then goes on to be a BALLON D'OR NOMINEE for the CURRENT YEAR.

You just said in another thread that he should have been sold this summer. So, you already want to exploit his current bad run of form. Your agenda is clear.

Last edited:
I must have missed his goal against West Ham. I’ve got another fun Mahrez fact - he’s only got one PL assist in 2022. And that was a short corner to Foden for his deflected goal against Brighton.

App Mahrez wants to finish his career at city well he needs to up his game because if he carry’s on like he is atm he could be gone next summer .
No one wanted him last summer and we foolishly gave him a new improved contract. Unfortunately, he’s not going anywhere.

No one wanted him last summer and we foolishly gave him a new improved contract. Unfortunately, he’s not going anywhere.

Was he for sale? I didn't know that. In fact, the club wanted him to stay from all indications. You must have inside info?

Was he for sale? I didn't know that. In fact, the club wanted him to stay from all indications. You must have inside info?
My comment was about him moving next summer if he doesn’t up his performances. No inside info. The mantra from City and the way we have conducted business is that all players (bar the odd exception) would be for sale at the right price.

We got offers for Sterling, Jesus and Zinchenko that the club accepted. Offers or interest in Silva and Ake that did not materialise. We didn’t get any offers for Mahrez or anyone remotely interested in him when he would have been available relatively cheaply given his age profile and with 1 year remaining on his contract. So extending him another 2 years just seems odd. And will make it much harder to shift him if he doesn’t perform this year.

I don't agree with your statement that "The mantra from City and the way we have conducted business is that all players (bar the odd exception) would be for sale at the right price." As I understand it, as far as first team players are performing to the manager's satisfaction and willing to stay at the club (not the case of Sterling and Jesus), then the players are not for sale unless it's a 1 billion bid maybe? The other clubs know that. There have been some rumors and whispers for fake news purposes about PSG and Real Madrid interest all summer long but really he has never been considered for sale by the club. So, your claim is rather surprising to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.