26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahrez is so much more capable then what he's showing, he usually starts the season slower than most but what's alarming is his body language and work-rate, I think Pep may start him againts Copenhagen mid week, he always performs well under the lights, that will be a better indication of where hes at atm.

He’s getting like 5 minutes a game right now. He sucks this season and is basically on track to be a reserve. But let’s not rewrite history. He was very good at the tail end of last season too. He’s just painfully average now.
I agree with you. However, if you go back to these (few) posters' comments when he was at the peak of his form, you would find exactly the same berating comments.

Anyway, he needs to either raise his performance levels or accept the consequences. I think he still has some credit with Pep and the majority of the fans but he needs to react sooner than later.

Lazy, and looks to have lost his killer instinct. Waste of a squad number at present. Needs to up his game big time or we cash in next window. new contract or not.

He’ll get a game on Wednesday and hopefully play himself back into a bit of form. Still lots of football for him to play this year.

You don't comment. You hate. Your posts history is here for all to see. You're fooling no one. Amazing that you forgot the amazing club victory an hour after it ended and you rushed here to satisfy your spiteful cravings.
Sorry mate but you’re out of line with your diatribe. A summary of my post history wrt Mahrez, which I’m more than comfortable with - He lacks versatility (he’s a one position player), lacks pace and lacks defensive work rate and IMO the club made a mistake in giving him a contract extension, particularly when adding his age into the mix. I think he was a luxury signing that, apart from 6 months or so has not really delivered. I would have preferred to see him sold than either of Jesus and Sterling.

These are my opinions that I share on a City player on a City forum. You can have a different opinion. That’s fine. The world would be a boring place if everyone agreed with everyone else.

But you can cut the BS accusations about “hate” and “spiteful cravings”. That’s just absurd.

Looks almost disinterested these days and knows he’s down the pecking order, I think we will see him more in league cup and lesser games but he’s definitely bench material at the moment, still has the best first touch in the league though.

I have a feeling the penny is about to drop for Riyad. That new contract won't mean anything if he isn't going to pull his weight.

Palmer will take his spot if he gets the chance.

Procession of doom and gloom predictions and wishes in here. I think the news of his demise are too premature. Last year, they were telling us he lost his spot to Jesus. I would like to see him regain his form (as Pep predicts) and play his smart street football again so that I can enjoy it while fighting for my health. Haaland helps in that respect too!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.