26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate but you’re out of line with your diatribe. A summary of my post history wrt Mahrez, which I’m more than comfortable with - He lacks versatility (he’s a one position player), lacks pace and lacks defensive work rate and IMO the club made a mistake in giving him a contract extension, particularly when adding his age into the mix. I think he was a luxury signing that, apart from 6 months or so has not really delivered. I would have preferred to see him sold than either of Jesus and Sterling.

These are my opinions that I share on a City player on a City forum. You can have a different opinion. That’s fine. The world would be a boring place if everyone agreed with everyone else.

But you can cut the BS accusations about “hate” and “spiteful cravings”. That’s just absurd.
Whilst I may disagree with you on some points there ( and I was a big fan of Mahrez, and was fully onboard with us signing him), even I can see some of your points (and don’t have any issues with you expressing them).
Personally, I think he’s just got comfortable after this new contract and cruising a bit, nothing unusual, similar calls are being made at Salah, so it happens, he just needs to refocus for me, get his attitude, fitness, work rate and general application back on track and I think only then will we start to benefit.

It's going to be hard for Mahrez now that Foden has taken that right-sided spot because Phil is just so much more dynamic than Riyad. Had Mahrez started ahead of Foden on Sunday, I don't think he'd have scored any of the goals that Foden did.

The first and third happen because Phil makes great diagonal runs into the centre. You really don't see Mahrez getting across the near post to meet a cross from the left ever, it's just not something he does.

The second is the most striking comparison though. There's no way in hell Mahrez makes that sprint and meets Haaland's cross at the back stick. I don't think he's even physically capable of outpacing Malacia over that distance, for one thing

Looked off the pace in the first half. Second half, progressively got better, especially after getting on the score sheet. Well taken pen, then a nice assist. Hopefully on his way back to form after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.