26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasnt got the bottle to take penalties , he is like a rabbit in the headlights when he approaches the ball in fact spineless bunny rabbit could do better, why the f*ck is he allowed anywhere near the football when we win a spot kick surely a couple of our players should tell him to f*ck off your not taking it.
Palmer must be thinking he will never get a start when a player like Mahrez is playing so poorly and still is picked ahead of him ,Mahrez has done some great things for our club and has had a good few seasons but he is nowhere near his best this season ,he needs benching for a few games and told to fight for his place, because he doesnt deserve a shirt at the moment.
Don’t know how you work out that he hasn’t got the bottle to take penalties when He steps up to take them

He’s been a part of our success and deserves a bit more respect on here tbh hardly like he’s been a shit player for us when’s it’s quite the opposite. Big game player in the CL last season was our top scorer in fact. Not at his best today by a stretch but he’ll still have a good impact on our season at some stage.
Feel like a right **** now, ffs

He was garbage tonight. Not just the penalty. His form has taken a worrying nosedive.

And if Erling isn't on the pitch then Pep needs to nominate another deputy penalty taker. The idea of Mahrez missing in the later rounds makes me feel sick.

He has had far too many poor/average spells at the club. Some are saying he will turn it around in the 2nd half of the season based on what he did last year. What they are failing to take into account is that his numbers last year were the anomaly, and not his form this season. He didn't gain the moniker FFS because he was ripping up trees week in, week out.

The guy is in his 30s, has a new bumper deal and is seemingly happy with limited game-time. Last season he played less PL games than both Sterling and Jesus. They have both been sold and yet our £200k pw wide forward still cant nail a place down in the side. Most now want his mins on the pitch to go to Alvarez or Palmer. He should have been sold in the summer and is currently a huge problem for Pep and the side, because its very difficult to just cast aside someone of his profile and earnings.
Spot on, he’s wank.

Seeing him on the team sheet depresses me, it just sucks away all the enthusiasm for a match.

There shouldn’t be any sympathy either, Pep said he came back from the summer unfit to play. Now we’re all being forced to watch him shithouse his way through a CL campaign like it’s preseason.

He’s doing media in Qatar over the World Cup, wouldn’t be surprised if he returned from that in similar condition.
Disgrace of a professional, shouldn’t be anything other than a Carabao player and a bench warmer and get him sold asap.

No. Absolutely not. You want players willing to step up and have the balls to take one even after he's just missed the last 2. You get no personal glory from scoring penalties, everybody expects you to score, you can only fail.

Pep chooses the penalty takers, he's decided Mahrez is still second best option, I'd be disappointed if any player would hide away from taking one, it shows a weak mentality.

Sterling is probably the worst penalty taker in terms of technique I've ever seen from a professional footballer but I always admired his willingness and mental strength to continually want to take them.
Lol

I’m not suggesting that you send someone forward who really doesn’t want to take one and is shaking like a shitting dog. However, I refuse to believe there are 10 other players out there who are 100% dead against taking a pen. If Haaland isn’t on the pitch then it should be someone else’s turn until that point where their record is so bad that it becomes someone else’s go. Mahrez can put himself forward all he wants but it should be a firm thanks but no thanks.
Gundo takes them for the national team.

I thought his performance on Saturday was poor but this took it to a new level. Never mind the pen, he was fooking awful. 1st half performance was spineless, especially when Haaland fed him in and he tried to do some fanny flick. Who gave this fraud a new contract.
I wouldn't exactly call our CEO and Director of football frauds. Let LiVARpool fans call them that

Not sure why Palmer isn't starting ahead of him, Mahrez is a known quantity at this point and he isn't good enough anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.