26 | Savinho - 2024/25

He’s much better than I expected him to be.

Should be a YPOTY contender if he stays fit.
I thought he’d be a bit of a project player for a while but he just looks shit hot from the off, it’s incredible really. He’s a year younger than Bobb, 2 years younger than Doku, only 1 year older than Rico Lewis and Nico O’Reilly. He’s got no right being this good!

There’s so much to be impressed by: his pace, his 1v1 threat, his versatility to play both sides and actually look a threat on both wings, his willingness to work hard and to press, his creativity from wide, he’s also very unselfish and has played entirely for the team not just himself.

He looks like a gem.

I thought he’d be a bit of a project player for a while but he just looks shit hot from the off, it’s incredible really. He’s a year younger than Bobb, 2 years younger than Doku, only 1 year older than Rico Lewis and Nico O’Reilly. He’s got no right being this good!

There’s so much to be impressed by: his pace, his 1v1 threat, his versatility to play both sides and actually look a threat on both wings, his willingness to work hard and to press, his creativity from wide, he’s also very unselfish and has played entirely for the team not just himself.

He looks like a gem.

Yeah same I saw him a few times in the first half of last season when he was first making waves with Girona and i was sure he’d be a bit part player for a year or 2. I think he’s come on leaps and bounds since then.

People arguing about Doku vs Grealish.

Savinho has shown he’s levels above both in 135 mins.

Expect the former two to be finishers off the bench when Foden and KDB are both fit with Bernardo down the right.

This guy is the real deal.

A bit too early to judge.

Let’s see what he’s like in the depths of winter on a midweek night away at….

Looked good yesterday. He could nail down that RW spot. 20 years old, and £30m; bargain. Question, though; why are some (even some of our own fans) referring to him as "Savio"? Am I missing something?
His name is Savio, in Portuguese Savinho means little Savio which is what he has on his Brazil shirt , so he has kept it.

fwiw, he's deeply religious, I've wondered if he feels slightly more comfortable with Savinho than Savio in the end - for instance, the different vibe between 'our savior' and 'little helper'

He looks like a gem.
Yeah I thought that to, but then think about it logically, and we're talking about one of the best players for a team that finished third in La Liga. It'd be like us signing a 20 year-old Saka and being surprised he's a bit good.

I watched him a lot last year and the moment I knew he'd be a City player was when he destroyed Jules Kounde against Barca. It was normal for him to score or assist almost every week and create havoc.

He is pretty much the perfect winger both technically and physically (albeit some extra muscle won't do him any harm).

But it's his mental game that marks him out from the rest. He's patient, composed and makes great decisions.

I also love that he goes past people on the inside or outside. He does either with ease and isn't afraid of using his weaker foot.

Two games in and we could already turn around and sell him for double what we paid. Looks mint so far, keen to see him start putting a few in the back of the net

He looks like a gem.

I sure the word when this transfer possibility first came up was that he would be loaned out (might be consuming that with Echeverri; although could have been true of both) but then the thinking changed, maybe to have a look at him in preseason, because he appears to be already good enough to play regular minutes for City.

Like Doku, he’s not yet a polished diamond, which is why Jack, Bernie and Phil will still be important wide players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.