#27 | João Cancelo - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdly now a better left back than right back. Top class today. we're so unfortunate he and Sane didn't overlap, pair him with a left footer with electric pace on that left side and we would have a killer combination. Grealish doesn't have the movement and sterling can't use his left to benefit from Cancelo's brilliance.
His link up with Foden has been very good at times. Would be good to see them get a run of games together there if Phil can stay fit for a while.

In my mind he exemplifies possibly Pep’s most innovative use of a player. And that’s from a king of innovators.

He's a great example to use when people accuse Pep of being a chequebook manager and not improving players. He finds incredible solutions to problems using the players at his disposal. People don't seem to understand the amount of coaching it must have taken to get Delph and Zinchenko to be title-winning left-backs, or for Walker to become an inverted full-back spending half his time in central midfield. It's crazy, crazy shit that we all just accept as normal

Pep's currently on course to win the league without a traditional left-back or striker. AGAIN.

He's a great example to use when people accuse Pep of being a chequebook manager and not improving players. He finds incredible solutions to problems using the players at his disposal. People don't seem to understand the amount of coaching it must have taken to get Delph and Zinchenko to be title-winning left-backs, or for Walker to become an inverted full-back spending half his time in central midfield. It's crazy, crazy shit that we all just accept as normal

Pep's currently on course to win the league without a traditional left-back or striker. AGAIN.

This is what separates Pep from just about any other coach.
I remember reading somewhere, it was Liverpool fans saying if Pep was such a great coach, why did he need a £100m striker, why didn’t he just coach someone else to become that player. It looked like he was well on the way to doing this with Torres.

But instead he’s coached a side with no striker to being the leagues leading scorers.

Back to Cancelo, the guy is simply outrageous. Other that striker or centre half i think he could be genuinely World class in any position.

The weight of that first-time pass for De Bruyne's goal to take Kanté completely out of the equation was just superb
It was ridiculous. You could see that from the high camera angle that the pass was on, but it's the kind of pass most wouldn't even see on the pitch, not to mention executing it with perfection.

Outrageously talented "baller" is João. Makes me sit up in expectation when the balls at his feet, and the guys a freaking fullback playing on the supposed wrong side.

Proper invested in the team and club too. Watch his reaction with the fans when we score :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.