27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can see he is still finding his feet, but let's not write him off yet. Pep sees something in him I imagine, considering he's willing to play him in games like yesterday, unlike with Phillips. I'll trust Pep.

His all round player can improve and the manager must think it will, which is why he gives him playing time. I think he can be a good player.

He needs to be a bit braver in my opinion, backs out of challenges where he's probably the favourite to win it.
How poor was it when he backed out of that challenge with Pickford? If he'd have gone through with the challenge he probably got a penalty because it was about 60 40 in his favour. We sit in CB3 about 4 rows from the back and everybody could see he backed out , even from that far away.

There are parallels with Doku with this lad. Can explode past people, but the decisive action isn’t there all the time yet.

Assists for Haaland against Forest and Alvarez against Burnley suggest we’re trying to get him into an underlapping 8 to cross 10 yard balls for assists.

Jumping out of the one on one did him no favours though.

I'm at an absolute moment of disbelief. Just finished rewatching the match as I always do in the peace and calm of a Monday. I'm what one would easily characterize as an intense viewer and I have to say the level some on here will go to in order to slag off a player they don't like is nothing short of astounding. Regardless of what anyone may think of Nunes on Saturday to say he could have or should have gotten on to that through ball that Pickford played is fucking insane, nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who thinks he could have done something with that ball either has no clue what they're talking about or is just looking for anything to say against this guy. The play was never given so much as a second mention on the broadcast and didn't even merit a replay. Holy fuck!

There's a reason we are so dominant with Pep at the helm. There's also a reason the names ever mentioned as his possible successor are De Zerbi, Michel, Luis Enrique, Maresca, Big Ange, Arteta, etc. while England's MNT comes up short under Southgate. Figure it out...

I'm at an absolute moment of disbelief. Just finished rewatching the match as I always do in the peace and calm of a Monday. I'm what one would easily characterize as an intense viewer and I have to say the level some on here will go to in order to slag off a player they don't like is nothing short of astounding. Regardless of what anyone may think of Nunes on Saturday to say he could have or should have gotten on to that through ball that Pickford played is fucking insane, nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who thinks he could have done something with that ball either has no clue what they're talking about or is just looking for anything to say against this guy. The play was never given so much as a second mention on the broadcast and didn't even merit a replay. Holy fuck!

There's a reason we are so dominant with Pep at the helm. There's also a reason the names ever mentioned as his possible successor are De Zerbi, Michel, Luis Enrique, Maresca, Big Ange, Arteta, etc. while England's MNT comes up short under Southgate. Figure it out...
Do you know aprox. what time in the match that this was?
I want to watch that myself as I didn't notice anything live.

Big who? Why?

The backing out of the challenge I can forgive as I don't think he would have won the ball and could have been sent off. The overall performance was however alarmingly bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.