27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

He totally bottled the 50/50 with Pickford , he is a good technician but hits the floor too easily and is a lightweight ,never worth £50m in a million years and was a last minute panic signing , in hindsight would have kept McAtee and gave him minutes.
Nunez isnt crap by any means but not good enough for our first eleven ,he might go the way of Cancelo if he is on the bench all the time , looks like he could have a bit if a stroppy attitude, time will tell

Do you know aprox. what time in the match that this was?
I want to watch that myself as I didn't notice anything live.
Unless you were focusing strictly on Nunes and looking for anything to moan about you would not have noticed it. It wasn't given a second moment's notice on the broadcast...35:40 or so...

I'm at an absolute moment of disbelief. Just finished rewatching the match as I always do in the peace and calm of a Monday. I'm what one would easily characterize as an intense viewer and I have to say the level some on here will go to in order to slag off a player they don't like is nothing short of astounding. Regardless of what anyone may think of Nunes on Saturday to say he could have or should have gotten on to that through ball that Pickford played is fucking insane, nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who thinks he could have done something with that ball either has no clue what they're talking about or is just looking for anything to say against this guy. The play was never given so much as a second mention on the broadcast and didn't even merit a replay. Holy fuck!

There's a reason we are so dominant with Pep at the helm. There's also a reason the names ever mentioned as his possible successor are De Zerbi, Michel, Luis Enrique, Maresca, Big Ange, Arteta, etc. while England's MNT comes up short under Southgate. Figure it out...
It wasn’t given a replay because Everton went straight to the other end and that attack was replayed. It was replayed on match of the day with commentator saying he seemed to duck out. He bottled it where he could have won us a pen. He also ducked out of a header he was favourite for. He gets knocked off the ball very easily too.

It wasn’t given a replay because Everton went straight to the other end and that attack was replayed. It was replayed on match of the day with commentator saying he seemed to duck out. He bottled it where he could have won us a pen. He also ducked out of a header he was favourite for. He gets knocked off the ball very easily too.
The same guys on MOTD who consistently speak favorably about us? Just wondering...the ball was a bit to his right if you take a good look, not in front of him...
Look, I'm not going to die on this hill. Was Nunes poor yesterday? Not any poorer than Akanji or Alvarez...Has he been lights out? Of course not, but this idea that he's shite and can never be counted as an asset to the club is quite frankly IDIOTIC, NONSENSICAL, SHORTSIGHTED, DEVOID OF FACT and further promotes the idea that many fans in England haven't caught up to the level of the prem which is the best league in the world with the most top flight international players and the best managerial talent from continental Europe directing the show..simple as...

I'm at an absolute moment of disbelief. Just finished rewatching the match as I always do in the peace and calm of a Monday. I'm what one would easily characterize as an intense viewer and I have to say the level some on here will go to in order to slag off a player they don't like is nothing short of astounding. Regardless of what anyone may think of Nunes on Saturday to say he could have or should have gotten on to that through ball that Pickford played is fucking insane, nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who thinks he could have done something with that ball either has no clue what they're talking about or is just looking for anything to say against this guy. The play was never given so much as a second mention on the broadcast and didn't even merit a replay. Holy fuck!

There's a reason we are so dominant with Pep at the helm. There's also a reason the names ever mentioned as his possible successor are De Zerbi, Michel, Luis Enrique, Maresca, Big Ange, Arteta, etc. while England's MNT comes up short under Southgate. Figure it out...
I suggest you go and watch match of the day from Saturday then. Shows a clear full replay from a different angle of Nunes purposefully pulling up to prevent getting to the ball in which he was clearly a favourite to win. The thing I find most insane is your intent on defending a player who's shown absolutely nothing for us in 5 months and then being content watching him shit out of challenges like that. Really strange

I honestly think he saw Pickford and thought he is going to wipe me out. Given the angles and speed the only thing he could have done is poke it to his left and then taken the hit. Probably would have won a penalty. Not sure of his injury record but reckon he didn’t fancy a bad injury.
That’s pretty much my view; Nunes didn’t want to take the hit. The problem is how his team mates view that. Do they still trust him to put his body on the line for the team? Doku threw his arms up in the air – could have been in expectation of a foul, could have been exasperation at what he saw as a good opportunity gone to waste. I don’t know. In my view Nunes should’ve kept going, like you say, maybe we get a penalty or maybe Pickford gets red carded.

I’m not here to batter Nunes. He’s a good player. As with most new players he probably needs a season to get his head around Pep’s methods/tactics. We’re only seeing him in bits and pieces, he needs a run of games. Not if it means shoving Phil out wide though…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.