27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think there may be a difference of opinion based on age of the poster. For me, 100% he should be going for the ball, clean the keeper out if you have to. He’s fully entitled to go for it. That’s my tuppence ha’penny.
However, we have a couple of generations of players (and supporters) that wouldn’t put themselves in a position where they might get injured themselves, if in that position. We see it every week, players diving to the deck when barely touched. Symptomatic of some of the traits that foreign players brought into the game a good few years ago.
As for Matheus, I say give the lad a chance, I think he’ll come good. 1st year can be difficult for many a player.

I suggest you go and watch match of the day from Saturday then. Shows a clear full replay from a different angle of Nunes purposefully pulling up to prevent getting to the ball in which he was clearly a favourite to win. The thing I find most insane is your intent on defending a player who's shown absolutely nothing for us in 5 months and then being content watching him shit out of challenges like that. Really strange
My intent is to keep it real. I'm not saying Nunes has killed it, but the idea that he's done "absolutely nothing" and that he's shite as a footballer is just plain dumb. If people want to keep going in on our own players with such extreme opinions then have at it. That's what I find strange. I'm done trying to reason with the slaggers on here. It's like trying to reason with far right fanatics or far left lunatics in a political spectrum...

That’s pretty much my view; Nunes didn’t want to take the hit. The problem is how his team mates view that. Do they still trust him to put his body on the line for the team? Doku threw his arms up in the air – could have been in expectation of a foul, could have been exasperation at what he saw as a good opportunity gone to waste. I don’t know. In my view Nunes should’ve kept going, like you say, maybe we get a penalty or maybe Pickford gets red carded.

I’m not here to batter Nunes. He’s a good player. As with most new players he probably needs a season to get his head around Pep’s methods/tactics. We’re only seeing him in bits and pieces, he needs a run of games. Not if it means shoving Phil out wide though…
He should have gone for that challenge as he would have beaten Pickford but he maybe thought him or Pickford would be injured so he opted out .

He totally bottled the 50/50 with Pickford , he is a good technician but hits the floor too easily and is a lightweight ,never worth £50m in a million years and was a last minute panic signing , in hindsight would have kept McAtee and gave him minutes.
Nunez isnt crap by any means but not good enough for our first eleven ,he might go the way of Cancelo if he is on the bench all the time , looks like he could have a bit if a stroppy attitude, time will tell
He is no Lucas paqueta that’s for sure but we have him now so need to support him but I dobt think he will be long term here .

Bit of a step backwards the other day. Didnt seem to really know what his role was supposed to be. I actually wouldnt mind him on the right for a game, he has the pace and crossing ability and has the ball retention Pep likes.

Very good when he came on tonight. One thing, though, is that you can see he lacks confidence at the moment. You could see that shot lacked confidence when he had a chance to score, the same way he lacked confidence against Pickford. We need to get behind this lad more because he has the potential to be brilliant for us, as he has shown at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.