27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

He’s a bit of an enigma in that he’s clearly a good player, with a good touch, good control and pace with a good engine.

But hard to see where we fit him in the team, we have more important players in midfield, and whilst he did decent on the left today he isn’t a winger.

Saw someone else mention it but wouldn’t be averse to seeing how he’d do at right back. Just needs to be braver in the challenge for that to work out though.

One of his best games in blue. Hopefully gets some confidence from it and kicks on. Might never be a star player putting up big numbers but potential to be a very good versatile squad player.

One of our better players and didnt deserve to be hooked against Bournemouth ,Bernie was having a mare and would have liked Grealish brought on for Bernie with Nunes back in the middle , looking more like a Pep/City player every game he plays , now he needs to do it in a big game.

Yeah I think Pep will have noticed that. He's stubborn but he absolutely hates losing control and we lost control of the game after he came off. Further compounded by taking Haaland off but he tried fixing it by putting KDB on which meant even lesser control.

I think Nunes is squarely in the *control* corner with Grealish and Doku/ Julian might be on the other end with their chaos. I like them both but the balance wasn't right after Nunes was hooked!

Felt for him when he was hooked as quite a few deserved it more and he was having one of his best games for us.
Not good man management IMO
Certainly when Doku came on we lost control for the last 15/20 minutes , Nunes keeps the ball and takes us up the pitch whilst Doku has been profligate in possession , surprised he brought Doku on before both Bobb & Grealish who are far better at ball retention, which we lacked in the 2nd half.

Nunes was MUCH better working defensively on our left side.
When Doku came in, there was pure chaos, Aké was exposed and Bournemouth knew exactly what to do...

Nunes has so much as a footballer, but he doesn't have the courage to " be himself", and give it a go.
Confidence topic. Someone has to talk him up.

I liked his performance, but he could have been much better. Release your handbrake, son!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.