27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

He’s a quality player. He just needs to bed in, learn the system, and understand his role is a critical one that can hurt us if we end up losing the ball when committed forward.

I think he could become and even stronger, faster version of Gundo, with a better shot on him.

And, not for nothing, it’s probably pretty intimidating walking into a City squad with the personnel we have available to us in midfield!!
Completely get where you’re coming from, but if he is intimidated then it’s not the right environment for him.

There have been flashes of quality but he does need to kick on now.

He’s a quality player. He just needs to bed in, learn the system, and understand his role is a critical one that can hurt us if we end up losing the ball when committed forward.

I think he could become and even stronger, faster version of Gundo, with a better shot on him.

And, not for nothing, it’s probably pretty intimidating walking into a City squad with the personnel we have available to us in midfield!!
Better shot on him? He couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. He's scored 10 league goals in his career to date. Thats not a typo, 10 goals. Whatever redeeming qualities he may have shooting ain't one of them.

How on Earth can you watch Gundogan and Nunes and think that Nunes has the better shooting? That’s wild that. I don’t expect him to score a single goal for us. Think he’ll have left before he does.

I guess we will have to wait and see. He gives us something different and I believe he’s being cultivated. Let’s return to the topic 15 months from now.

30 seconds in….

I care more about his ability to help us on the pitch, but he does seem like a lovely guy from the outside looking in. He and Grealish trying Chinese food together was quite funny.

I care more about his ability to help us on the pitch, but he does seem like a lovely guy from the outside looking in. He and Grealish trying Chinese food together was quite funny.

Haha...I too watched the Grealish & Nunes eating Chinese grub content & thought it was good banter. Jack seems to get along with just about anyone off the field & undoubtedly a large reason for the collective spirit among the squad.
Although a bit curious with his 'cheat' food days declaring when he's had a good game he treats himself to a Chinese takeaway or if he's had a poor game he will get the Chinese cooked for him/at home. Bloke loves his Chinese food!

Mind you Nunes stating he doesn't like veggies to the dismay of his nutritionist is intriguing for a top athlete.

I guess we will have to wait and see. He gives us something different and I believe he’s being cultivated. Let’s return to the topic 15 months from now.

30 seconds in….

Yeah I've thought he's got a good shot but not accurate from the few saves when he's gone for goal. Needs a bit of work.

Mostly he just needs to bulk up so he's not easy to push off the ball..

With respect to other posters...

Nunes is OK, but is in our squad mostly because Paqueta is entangled in potential legal troubles due to his alleged betting on football.

Thought he played well today, for once I was disappointed to see him subbed, though can see the sense in Doku against a tiring team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.