27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
One mistake like that in the span of 90 minutes is not going to write off all the good work he did that game.

He is brilliant physically and technically, we could never say that about Phillips.

My only issue is I don't know where best to play him, I don't think Pep knows either.

My thinking currently is he is better suited to the right wing, he is good at crossing and beating his man.

I dont think he's a bad player....

But much like Phillips here, its not like he but in shite performances per se, but they never seem to seize their opportunity when they start. You don't really come away from the game thinking you hope to see them feature more or confident they could flourish in the team if they had to play.

Hopefully he kicks on and proves us wrong, I'm just not really seeing what he's about yet. Doesn't seem to do anything particularly well.

Always like your post. But I'm sorry Nunes is not good enough and never will be. We're bringing in at least two midfielders In summer Paqueta + 1 with Bernie probably leaving, he's not gonna get much game time next season.
You are not Txiki and I owe you $5!!

He’s a player who just hasn’t had the rub of the green with his stop-start season, but enough to show me there’s a definite City First Team player in there.

Don’t forget, we need to have 5 or 6 players who are capable of coming in and playing a good game, even if they’re not considered a First XI player (which he could become!). He is definitely that already. First season, finding his feet, bedding in, versatile, got speed, got a shot on him, needs longer studs!

He is not gonna make it. He is a good player, but his controls are just not at the level for City. It's not about today, you can see that unless the pass is super slow, he is uncapable of controlling it.

And althought his athleticsm is elite, his decision making and offensive talent are not enough to cover his weaknesses. Decent player, just not good enough for us.

There is a lot to like and didn't he start late as a pro footballer? So maybe he is like a 19 year old footballer with skill but not learned enough about when to play fancy and when not to

his performances are from KP, but i just dont know how he fits here, especially with some of the rumoured midfield signings in the summer.

I apologise for calling him shite after he cost us the clean sheet, was a bit pissed off since I looked like a fool by saying Luton wouldn't score, he can be decent at best but he needs to improve massively if he is going to succeed.

One mistake like that in the span of 90 minutes is not going to write off all the good work he did that game.

He is brilliant physically and technically, we could never say that about Phillips.

My only issue is I don't know where best to play him, I don't think Pep knows either.

My thinking currently is he is better suited to the right wing, he is good at crossing and beating his man.
My thinking as well. He looks like he prefers the ball played ahead of him. Also like to run. Not sure where to play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.