27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Those that insist on lumping Nunes in with Phillips need to find a new hobby because analyzing players is not for you. Maybe just watch the games, cheer when we win, cheer also if we lose and then go enjoy a pint.
Polar opposites.
Phillips didn't want the ball and when he had it he wanted rid. Nunes, when he has the ball is looking for the pass to create space or to hold the possession. It might not work out, but he is looking more comfortable every game, still think there is something there.

Hopefully next season he'll feature more. We're never going to know if he's good enough or can improve us unless he plays. I haven't got how many minutes/times he's played but it's nowhere near enough. In the minutes he has played he's either been decent or completely abject in my opinion. That said, coming in and out of the team for 8 minutes here, 20 minutes there will never give you the chance to pick up your form.

Or do we read into it that Pep just doesn't fancy him?

Hopefully next season he'll feature more. We're never going to know if he's good enough or can improve us unless he plays. I haven't got how many minutes/times he's played but it's nowhere near enough. In the minutes he has played he's either been decent or completely abject in my opinion. That said, coming in and out of the team for 8 minutes here, 20 minutes there will never give you the chance to pick up your form.

Or do we read into it that Pep just doesn't fancy him?

We have to remember, Pep sees him day in day out in training.

If he was doing his bit in training, he would at the bare minimum be featuring in some of the lesser games.

The fact he didn't start against Chelsea when every single player on that pitch was absolutely knackered is damning.

It might not even be ability, but there is evidently something there that Pep just doesn't trust in him with.

I still think at the end of the day, had De Bruyne not got injured against Burnley, we wouldn't have signed him.

Wolves couldn't believe their eyes when we put the money in for him, their forum pages were dumbfounded.

the lad needs another year under pep, looks a bit slow and lethargic so needs to work on that.
if he doesnt step up after that then he will be sold.

If he was doing his bit in training, he would at the bare minimum be featuring in some of the lesser games.

The fact he didn't start against Chelsea when every single player on that pitch was absolutely knackered is damning.

It might not even be ability, but there is evidently something there that Pep just doesn't trust in him with.

I still think at the end of the day, had De Bruyne not got injured against Burnley, we wouldn't have signed him.

Wolves couldn't believe their eyes when we put the money in for him, their forum pages were dumbfounded.
I don't think him not playing against Chelsea proves anything. Pep is always going to turn to his most trusted soldiers for that type of game, not someone whos been here 5mins.

Wouldn’t say slow and lethargic, in fact looks pretty quick to be. I’d say he’s shown plenty of promise, go as far to say more than Ake did in his early days.
Pep has trusted Ake right from his first season

Take a look at the data, in his first season, it's clear what disrupted Ake in his early days was a series of injuries that kept him out. When he was injury free, Ake played regularly against all PL sides.

Pep just doesn't really seem to trust Nunes with regular game time. The only 3 90 minutes games he's played for us are 3 home games to Luton, Burnley and Forest.

At this point mate I’m inclined to agree with you.

Will still hope for the best but you’re spot on, if Pep trusted him he’d have played against Chelsea for sure. Pep has persevered with players that look like they need the settling in season even when they have been poor, this fella just isn’t getting on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.