27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

He
He still is. Players around him stank the shit out and jas been overplayed

I think he was referring to something Pep said after we played Sporting once and Nunes had a really good game.

Nunes has the talent but I'm not sure he is strong enough mentally to play for us.

"He's not a Manchester City player."

How bad is Nunes in training if he can't get on in a game like today?

Our midfield was terrible other than Kovacic. I can't see Pep ever playing Nunes again if he didn't trust him today.
He didn't trust Jack or Bobb either and quite frankly I think he should have brought Bobb on for Bernardo...

doubt he gets more game time if we sign an expensive midfielder (Guimaraes or similar) and maybe a winger too. probably Kovacic's game time will go down too.

I would cash in on Nunes, swallow some loss on his buy price, before we end up loaning him out for years and sell him for a tenner in 3/4 years time. PL clubs do have money, mid table clubs can offer up to 35/40m for him if we can negotiate well...
we need to accept this was a panic buy that didnt work out, learn from it, and cut our losses and good luck to him. Pep did not trust him in more serious games at all. most his PL starts came vs Luton, Burnley, Bournemouth, Forest etc level.

same way try to sell Phillips for good before he has another shit loan spell making his value go down even more. Leeds option gone, so if we can charge 25m for him, I would sign that right now.

Nunes is going nowhere unless Saudi give us some ridiculous price and he pushes for it. Its hardly surprising Pep didn't throw him in against the top teams, he rarely will do that to any new signing.

Nunes has things that the rest of our midfield don't and Pep will decide if that is what he wants or if he doesn't then we will go from there.

I think he has a lot to offer.

Still think he'll go this summer to somewhere in Portugal or Spain as a favour to Mendes but watching this video has made me realise how involved he was in more goals than I could remember.

With the expanded Champions League and Club World Cups coming, he might well have a role in this squad if he wants it. Needs to be more consistent but he is capable of bringing good quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.