27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody hell. He's barely played, been injured and coming into a team that looks fucking clueless right now. What are people expecting?

At least let the kid have the opportunity to fail before declaring him a failure.

Was never a buy for the here and now.

The problem is they never are, it’s always let’s give them a season with us

He’s remarkably unpolished for a 25 year old. Tries fancy flicks and tricks, constantly misread situations and frequently goes on marauding runs down blind alleys.

We’ve spent over £120m on him, Kovacic and Phillips. Fuck.
If someone had told me that we scouted him doing freestyle/juggling outside the Arndale I wouldn’t doubt it. He’s a fancy Dan and the antithesis of what this squad has been about under Pep.

My views about the player are well documented. I think they are valid on his performances so far , but all said and done he was a panic buy and that isn’t his fault . Will he improve ? only time will tell !

He and Kovacic are very very close to being on the Kalvin Phillips scrap heap. Not good enough and never will be. Another midfielder that Pep doesn’t trust. We have been pissing money away of late. Our midfield was in need of a rebuild and we made it exponentially worse. Now we still have to rebuild but we’re bloated in there with players that have no long term future here.
Kovacic has looked bang average but I could at least understand the signing…Played at the highest level and was dirt-cheap (in today’s transfer market). I have no idea what we were thinking signing Nunes.

He was 2nd choice after Paqueta an he looks like a panic buy , watched Paqueta a few times this season and he is a few levels above Nunes , would like to judge Nunes over the next twelve months if he was showing glimpses of qaulity , but he isnt.

No. 8 is the new LB problem

Also Ake is our No.1 LB. We needed a decent LB for years. We find one in Ake who plays there when we win the treble. Then he gets dropped...

Some very strange decisions this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.