27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realise he was 25..... Gulp. I thought we were looking at a rough 20 year old being battered into shape!

Still loads of time for him, I hope it works out.

Hard to make any sort of balanced judgement based on what we have seen. He’ll undoubtedly do better in the second half of the season when we have more established players to call upon, but he’ll also need to impress then as we’ll be looking to strengthen the midfield further in the summer, which could jeopardise his playing time. His demeanour often suggests he is unsure if he fits in here yet, and I wonder if that in turn rubs off on us.
As soon as we have the more established players to call on, this fella won’t get a look in. His time to lay down a marker was the last 3 months and he has failed miserably. The alarm bells should have been ringing the moment we signed him and Pep said we had just bought a 25 year old top-flight professional footballer that needed to work on his 1st touch. If he is not trusted to start over a midfield of Stones, Rico and Alvarez he is pissing in the wind.

As soon as we have the more established players to call on, this fella won’t get a look in. His time to lay down a marker was the last 3 months and he has failed miserably. The alarm bells should have been ringing the moment we signed him and Pep said we had just bought a 25 year old top-flight professional footballer that needed to work on his 1st touch. If he is not trusted to start over a midfield of Stones, Rico and Alvarez he is pissing in the wind.
Perhaps. I'll cut him some slack because we signed him after the season had begun so he's been on a steep learning curve, but I do think he'll have to impress in the coming months if he's to have a long-term future at the club. As for first touch, with the exception of Bernardo, Kovacic, and Grealish, it's an area that all of our players need to work on, more so if they hope to play in midfield.

I wonder if Pep now thinks why did I sign him, he must have regrets like everyone else

All the effort he put into leaving Wolves has clearly knackered him for the rest of the year. Doesnt look remotely interested.

Give him a chance. People asking us to go out and buy Wirtz. Why the fuck did we spend £60 mill on this guy who has probably started one game or something. Another bizarre signinf

I'm kind of confused by the comments. IIRC he mishit a cross but other than that, I thought he was more or less fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.