27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did we sign him?

De Bruyne got injured and Paqueta got charged. We panicked.

He was never ever going to be good enough for City.

25 years old and 10 league goals in his entire career. 1 goal, 1 assist last season and doesn't control games.

If his name was Matthew Nuneaton and we signed him from Wolves with equivalent stats and performances last season we would be screaming.

And to think, we thought we overpaid Wolves for Steve Daley 40 odd years ago.
This Nunez deal seems as bad if not worse

I'll just believe the rumor Pep has always rated him and assume there is a good player in there. I really wanted to like this guy but he doesn't seem..... very good? Hope its just a blip

The thing is, is Paqueta any good? As in treble winners good?

He's a West Ham player for a reason.

Our midfield targets have been very mediocre.
I don't think he is. Not a patch on some of our great midfielders of recent years like David Silva and Yaya

He just looks not involved or looks like he's making up the numbers, he needs more time looks a much better prospect than Phillips.

I'll just believe the rumor Pep has always rated him and assume there is a good player in there. I really wanted to like this guy but he doesn't seem..... very good? Hope its just a blip
Based on what? 20 minutes here and there is no good. Especially like games last night. Needs a run in the team i think theres a player in there.

I'd try him on the right like Madrid sometimes do with Valverde or Argentina with De Paul. He can run and carries the ball forward elegantly. Can't be worse than Doku and Foden defensively.

Watched him loads for both Wolves and Sporting. Managed to stand out in a dreadful Wolves side in multiple big games. Surrounded by some of the best players in the world and coached by the greatest manager, I’m feeling very certain he’ll turn out to be a good signing
I totally agree with you. I think he is a good player. Him, Rodri and KDB will eventually turn out to be a great midfield three.

I totally agree with you. I think he is a good player. Him, Rodri and KDB will eventually turn out to be a great midfield three.
Absolutely. Whole team is a mess at the moment. Nunes was no worse than Bernardo or Foden last night. Once we get back in form and Nunes gets a decent run of minutes he`ll be a fan favourite in no time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.