27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

It could be argued that in 'elite' terms, he's not a good player. I certainly can't imagine him getting a regular place in any of the 'top' sides in the major European leagues.

He's the sort if average player a bottom five or six PL team or Championship team looks to to bolster their squad.

He's definitely well off the level we should be expecting to see at City, particularly at his age.

I would feel sorry for the lad if he wasn't getting about £100k a week.

Any chances he gets to play from now until season end he needs to deliver whether that be goals, assists, performance or defensively really good because City will buy at least another midfielder in summer.

He had a very nice turn and shot tonight.

I’m stuck on him he has a pace and power that our team lacks, but yet we don’t play that way and you wouldn’t change our play for him.

His directness has a bit of KDB about it, but miles of the quality.

Just don’t see where this guy fits, unless Pep does some weird FB/ midfield/ wing hybrid with him.

Obviously bought for a more transition-based gameplan (note how kovacic, nunes and gvardiol are exceptional dribblers) than we've ended up playing, as we returned to total control.

There's simply less breaking, running and bursts to do in these tactics. A similar situation to Grealish and Bernardo in their first seasons.

Clearly possesses a lot of quality, technique and drive. Still think he's got a role to play in the coming seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.