27 | Matheus Nunes - 2023/24

There was a moment he misplaced a simple pass and several players ran over to motivate him and pick him up. Shows he's still lacking confidence in this team and learning the role and also the morale of our squad. Give him time!

You can see he is still finding his feet, but let's not write him off yet. Pep sees something in him I imagine, considering he's willing to play him in games like yesterday, unlike with Phillips. I'll trust Pep.

His all round player can improve and the manager must think it will, which is why he gives him playing time. I think he can be a good player.

He needs to be a bit braver in my opinion, backs out of challenges where he's probably the favourite to win it.

I thought he was one of our better performers against Burnley,.but yesterday I sensed.that he could easily be the next victim of the boo-boy brigade
Probably the same people who didn't rate Mahrez in his first season, but it doesn't help his cause that Palmer has scored 10 PL goals for Chelsea
Not necessarily my opinion but some people find it easy to make the comparison.

This is 100%

I think Nunes will be class, the "sparks of real talent" reminds me of Yaya Toure.
Jesus, to even talk about the two in the same sentence is an insult to Yaya. On what basis are you coming to the conclusion 'hes going to be class'? Its not based on any evidence at all.

Most teams we play stick 10 men behind the ball.???
Often true.
As a function of that, we also reach points of openness in those games, when the opponent is knackered, or when they decide that they will go for it with 20 to go. He can excel at those times, and also when playing teams who actually try to win. Regardless, a squad is a blend of strengths, and for every Oscar Bobb, there's an Erling, a KDB, a Kyle, or a John Stones.

Jesus, to even talk about the two in the same sentence is an insult to Yaya. On what basis are you coming to the conclusion 'hes going to be class'? Its not based on any evidence at all.
It must be the metronomic passing and belting them in the top corner that Nunes is doing all the time...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.