27 | Matheus Nunes - 2024/25

The funny thing is, Pep seems to trust Nunes more than McAtee. By the logic of some people, this must make McAtee terrible.

It doesn't.

Nunes doesn't start many games because we have some of the very best midfielders in the world. Things might change this season or might not. In any case, we can't have only world class players in the squad.

Also, many people are just clueless. The fact that Rodri didn't start in the CL final was treated like evidence that he wasn't good enough for City. Also, some people wanted to swap Gundo for Aouar..., 3 years after Gundo was at City. They didn't rate him at all. We were bound to fail with Rodri and Gundo in the middle...

There a pecking order why Macteer didn't start! Nunes has this season to establish himself? Maybe Nunes is happy at playing minimal time and that's fair enough! I'd try Nunes on the left because the two times he has played there he has put in to quality crosses..

There a pecking order why Macteer didn't start! Nunes has this season to establish himself? Maybe Nunes is happy at playing minimal time and that's fair enough! I'd try Nunes on the left because the two times he has played there he has put in to quality crosses..

The good thing about Nunes that many are happy to overlook is that he is a versatile player, can play in the middle and on the wings. Pep likes versatile squad players. If we lack fresh wingers, say after a big CL game, Nunes can play there. If we have injury problems in midfield, Nunes can be used.

Nunes's main issue is he isn't great in small spaces. McAtee is better in this respect and will get chances.

He definitely looks better in the wide spaces and on evidence is one of the better crossers of the ball in the squad, excluding KDB who is at his own level...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.