30th April 1994 - The Kippax's Last Stand

Typical balmy summer's day, typical 1st home match of the season August. Optimism is high.30k loyal fans ..
.for some reason I was in the Main Stand that day.3nil I think.
It was indeed
Maine road was rocking and the good old nah nah nan a nah nah city, was belting out for the last 15 mins almost non stop

Typical balmy summer's day, typical 1st home match of the season August. Optimism is high.30k loyal fans ..
.for some reason I was in the Main Stand that day.3nil I think.
As was I. On the train up from Hereford, some lads got on at maybe Crewe in the new away shirt that we won the play offs in. I’d never seen it before and was, um, fascinated by the design.

I was more in to music and reading. Just went with a City mad mate for a laugh.

30th Anniversary:

I hated the Kippax. The sightlines were poor unless you were over six feet tall. The toilet facilities were pre-historic. It always seemed claustrophobic due to the low roof.

I rarely stood there preferring the Scoreboard End and later the North Stand.

Sometimes, there was no real option such as when the North Stand was under construction and for Reserve and Youth Team matches.

My favourite was a Youth Cup match in the 1960s when Mal Allison was in the middle of a one month stadium ban. He was there standing alone on the Kippax. Most spotted him but everyone kept quiet about it, After his ban was completed, he was interviewed and stated that the one that hurt him the most was missing the Youth Cup match in question!

I was there... i cried. And if you'dve told me that only 9 years later we'd say bye to all of Maine Road i'd never have believed you.

Cracking picture of me and my mum and sister stood on the kippax corner as leaving - my sister with a scowl, me with a resigned half smile, and mum with Brian May perm.

We always stood first barrier - where new Kippax BBL and East stand 102 is now.
re reading this thread now we're in 30 years not 29, and there I am posting a year ago today!
Oh for it to be a year ago never mind 30 years. Remember that day like clockwork, and still got the last stand t shirts.

Never post my face here, but you know what if I find the picture I'm talking about I'll post it later today. To raise a glass to the past, to memories, and the people we stood with that made the kippax our home.

re reading this thread now we're in 30 years not 29, and there I am posting a year ago today!
Oh for it to be a year ago never mind 30 years. Remember that day like clockwork, and still got the last stand t shirts.

Never post my face here, but you know what if I find the picture I'm talking about I'll post it later today. To raise a glass to the past, to memories, and the people we stood with that made the kippax our home.
The old girl was never the same after that day. That fucking tiny shite thing they put in its place was a total waste of money,just like that egg box called the umbro stand. Small time mentality from what was still was a big club(I'd say massive but I won't :)

The old girl was never the same after that day. That fucking tiny shite thing they put in its place was a total waste of money,just like that egg box called the umbro stand. Small time mentality from what was still was a big club(I'd say massive but I won't :)
Tiny Shite thing? Really not what I recall

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.